Full-time (37.5 hours per week with occasional weekend/evenings)
(Remote – with occasional in-person meetings)
About Dancing with Parkinson’s
Dancing With Parkinson’s (DWP) is a registered Canadian charity founded in Toronto in 2008 by professional dancer and fitness expert, Sarah Robichaud. Our evidence-based classes consist of a dance therapy and movement program specifically designed to enhance and improve participants’ functional fitness, mobility and day-to-day physical activity.
At the onset of the pandemic, we expanded our program to include all seniors. Over the next three years, we’re poised to continue to expand to reach even more seniors and those living with Parkinson’s Disease, to support them to live healthier, more engaged lives through science, art and connection. www.dancingwithparkinsons.com
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for the development and execution of an annual fundraising plan, including the research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual donors, corporate sponsors, government and foundation grants.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a fast-growing charity in a highly collaborative, flexible work environment. You will leverage the support of a small, high performing team, a strong base of current donors, and the inspiring impact of our evidence-based program for seniors across this country..
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan with diverse revenue streams, including foundation, major gift, e-fundraising, event and corporate support;
- Monitor progress toward achieving annual goal and prepare reports and updates for the Executive Director and board as required;
- Coordinate stewardship activities, ensuring regular contact to communicate impact of philanthropic support and ensuring detailed records and documentation are maintained using the Canada Helps database;
- Manage and grow the pipeline of prospective donors and continue cultivating relationships;
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of corporate sponsorship, major gift, foundation and government proposals, ensuring application requirements are fulfilled and deadlines are met
- Track reporting deadlines for all successful grant proposals, and coordinate with other team members on project budgets, work plans, and development of reports to ensure appropriate stewardship of funds;
- Collaborate with team members on strategies to maximize the fundraising potential of the annual event
- Contribute to the development and implementation of industry best practices, efficient processes and procedures, and the innovative use of new technology
- Contribute to the development of key communications including annual impact reports;
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specifications (Education, Experience & Skills)
- 2+ years of experience in fundraising for a registered charity or non-profit organization
- Experience raising funds from a variety of sources including grant writing, major gifts, events and corporate sponsorships;
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization, including staff, board, other volunteers, and program participants;
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with fundraising databases
- Passion for the mission of Dancing with Parkinson’s
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in not-for-profit management, fundraising management or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Google for Business, including online software such as MS Teams,Zoom, WebEx, and SharePoint
Salary: 50,000-$55,000 per annum plus 10 days paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for this position to email@example.com. Applications must be received by July 21 at 5:00 p.m No faxes, emails, or telephone calls please. DWP appreciates the interest of all applicants, however only candidates being considered will be contacted.