Fundraising Database and Gift Administrator
Centennial College recognizes and affirms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Indigenous ways of knowing as central to the vibrancy and uniqueness of its learning and working academic mission. We strongly encourage applications from members of Indigenous communities and all equity-deserving groups including Women, Racialized, Persons with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
The Office of Development is immediately seeking a Fundraising Database and Gift Administrator to be the Raiser’s Edge expert on the team. Reporting to the Manager, Annual and Planned Giving, the role will be responsible for various activities including: database and gift administration; systems and process development for Raiser’s Edge; data analysis and financial reporting on a monthly and yearly basis for the department.
As the expert on the team, the Administrator will collaborate with internal and external technical stakeholders to improve processes, be the subject matter expert on key projects and provide training to college staff on Raiser’s Edge.
- Responsible for all gift entry and database administration.
- Perform regular quality checks and audits to ensure consistency and data accuracy aligned with applicable guidelines
- Analyze and resolve any data discrepancies and conduct research when necessary; coordinate day-to-day maintenance and indexing of the database with data provided by the development and alumni peers.
- Prepare and action global changes and imports as required (i.e., information received after an Alumni mailing or event attendance to ensure the information added to the database meets Canada Post guidelines)
- Prepare alumni and donor lists including alumni mailing list for a reunion event, stewardship list for cumulative giving group, and a list of active proposals.
- Collaborate with internal staff partners (Alumni, IT, and Records Office) to ensure the timely and efficient transfer of graduate data from college database system into Raiser’s Edge.
- Create dashboards and dynamic reports for the Office of Development team.
- Create new codes and fields within the database to input new data and develop and/or update Business Rules to ensure consistency with data recording and accurate reporting.
- Analyze and provide recommendations and solutions to address all data management issues
- Oversee the Raiser’s Edge Power Users Group; hire, train and oversee the work of student helpers on projects
- Develop and analyze financial reports and provide information for various stakeholders and audiences.
- Provide all financial information for annual Endowment Reports, Canada Revenue Agency submission and College audit; collaborate with Finance Department to prepare the final college submission.
- Develop regular scheduled reports for the department including – monthly benchmark and metrics to align with fundraising goals, major gift activity, donor stewardship and engagement activity.
- Create and update guidelines as a best practice to improve database related processes and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 Year diploma/degree in Data Management and/or related field; equivalent education and combined work experience will be considered.
- Enrolled or completed the following Raiser’s Edge courses:
- Fundamentals: Raiser’s Edge bCRE
- Professional: Raiser’s Edge bCRE-Pro
- 3 years progressive experience working in a Fundraising and/or non-profit organizations with experience using Raiser’s Edge; similar fund-raising database may be considered.
- Proficient in information and data management including designing complex queries and custom reports
- Experience with CRA reporting and Gifting and Receipting Policies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Demonstrated initiative and collaboration; ability to interact and train college staff on Raiser’s Edge.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of the principles of equity, diversity, inclusion and Indigeneity.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills; high attention to detail to uncover data anomalies and the ability to resolve them.
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by December 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J1122-1718. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).