Fundraising Director, Capital Campaign & Major Gifts
Heart House Hospice
Do you have strong connections within the City of Mississauga, and a passion to be a part of Mississauga’s first residential hospice facility with 12 beds and space for Community Programs?
Are you looking to grow your leadership and fundraising experience by leading a capital campaign with high visibility for a charitable organization focused on excellent hospice palliative care within the community?
Are you interested in working in a collaborative and supportive work environment where you will have an opportunity to thrive? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
Heart House Hospice offers:
- A culture of professional and caring staff who are motivated, innovative, and creative
- Competitive salaries
- Paid Professional Development (5 days and $400 per year)
- Pension plan (HOOPP) (if interested)
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Monthly phone allowance
More about the Organization:
Heart House Hospice is a non-profit organization providing support to people and their families experiencing life limiting illness and end of life, serving over 1,500 individuals a year in the Mississauga and Brampton areas. Our mission is to provide compassion, support and advocacy that lessens the distress of terminal illness and loss on individuals, families, and the community. Our continuum of support programs includes hospice counselling, spiritual care, HUUG (Help Us Understand Grief) Children’s program, Social Connections, health and wellness education, bereavement and will soon be grown to include in-patient hospice beds within our future Hospice Centre.
We are growing and we are currently hiring a Fundraising Director, Capital Campaign & Major Gifts who will oversee all aspects of Heart House Hospice’s Capital Campaign!
About the Opportunity:
The Fundraising Director, Capital Campaign & Major Gifts is a full-time, contract position and reports to the Executive Director. The Capital Campaign is focused on building Mississauga’s first residential hospice facility. The future Hospice Centre will include a 12-Bed hospice residence and expanded space for our Community Programs.
The Fundraising Director, Capital Campaign & Major Gifts’ primary responsibilities are ensuring all aspects of the major gifts program and as the Capital Campaign moves forward, data is captured accurately, and individualized strategy is created for the organization’s portfolio of major donors. This includes day-to-day details of campaign implementation, arrangements and notifications for meetings, campaign correspondence, monitoring gift and pledge records, conducting prospect research, and being the lead in database administration. This role will work in collaboration with additional committees and the Campaign Cabinet.
This position will work also work with a variety of campaign volunteers, consultants and donors. Additionally, the Fundraising Director, Capital Campaign & Major Gifts will work in tandem with our Director of Development to maintain a portfolio of major donors and is responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of this portfolio. The incumbent will be an energetic, collaborative individual with strong project management abilities and high professionalism.
This is a 1-year contract opportunity with a high likelihood of extension.
Managing all pre-launch activities such as building cabinet committee, establishing funding opportunities and issuing RFPs as required in accordance with campaign requirements;
- Ensure alignment with Ministry of Health standards and guidelines;
- Scheduling and attending all capital campaign planning and committee meetings;
- Assisting with planning all aspects of capital campaign launch and other campaign events;
- Preparing all lists, reports and profiles concerning campaign prospects;
- Conducting detailed research on current/prospective donors, including ethical prospect research;
- Managing and maintaining records of outreach strategies, evaluations, solicitations, contact reports and results of all contacts with campaign prospects;
- Preparing all capital campaign materials for prospect and donor visits with supporting documentation and follow-up correspondence, including letters of acknowledgement;
- Maintain records regarding campaign gifts and pledges including payment schedules and the production of pledge reminders for outstanding pledge balances;
- Preparing and presenting analysis of donor data trends and reports, proactively offering insight that will impact development operations and relationship management practices;
- Overseeing data stewardship process for capital campaign in collaboration with other team members, ensuring accuracy and providing necessary information to the Executive Director, committees and employees;
- Handling any incidental details related to the campaign as specified by the Executive Director;
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in relevant field;
- 5 + years of experience in supporting capital campaigns and/or major gifts fundraising;
- Passion for the mission of Heart House Hospice;
- Strong connections within the City of Mississauga;
- Experience with and knowledge of the prospect research process;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills and sound judgement;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment;
- Organized with a strong attention to detail;
- A drivers’ license and access to a car is required;
- Fluency in more than one language would be an asset;
- Flexibility to attend events outside of normal work hours where required;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with donor databases;
- Ability to maintain the outmost discretion with regard to donor confidentiality and privacy.
Heart House Hospice is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building an inclusive, diverse, accessible and respectful workplace that is representative of the communities that we serve.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. We thank all applicants in advance however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please submit your application using the following link: