Fundraising & Events Manager
About the Henri Nouwen Society
Our core purpose is to share Henri Nouwen’s spiritual vision so that people can be transformed through experiencing themselves as God’s beloved. We achieve this purpose through publishing, promoting, and preserving Nouwen’s rare and powerful voice. The Society is a registered charity based in Toronto with additional offices in St. Louis Missouri.
Fundraising & Events Manager will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and the Communication & Administration Coordinator to facilitate the development, execution and evaluation of all efforts to increase and maintain financial support for the Henri Nouwen Society. This position focuses on donor relations and securing funding for HNS operations, special projects, events, and outreach activities from Canadian and US charitable foundations as well as from individual donors. In addition, the role involves helping to coordinate and execute all aspects of various online and in-person events planned by the Henri Nouwen Society.
Duties and Responsibilities
Fund Development (75%)
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Fund Development Committee to craft the Annual Fundraising Plan
- Execute and oversee Individual Giving Programs and Planned Giving strategies
- Support Executive Director in all Major Gift initiatives
- Maintain donor relations
- Research and identify major gift prospects including individuals, corporations & foundations
- Develop grant proposals and LOIs and manage application and reporting processes
- Collaborate on HNS communications related to fund development
- Assist in producing donor statistical information reports through E-tapestry
Event Management (15%)
The Fundraising & Events Manager in conjunction with the Executive Director and the Communications & Administration Coordinator will support all aspects of pre-planning, on-site, and post-planning activities for Henri Nouwen Society events, including:
- Event planning: Program development, budget research and preparation, volunteer recruitment, speaker/presenter liaison, logistics
- Event promotion: Develop and execute promotion plans, direct design of promotional materials, write promotional content as needed, develop targeted distribution lists, manage registration process
- Event execution: Onsite logistics, troubleshoot day-of-event issues, volunteer coordination
- Event follow-up: Develop and deploy participant surveys, prepare wrap-up reports, summaries, evaluations, create final financial report, send thank you to participants, key vendors, and partners
Other Duties (10%)
- Provide vacation coverage for the Communications & Administration Coordinator, including E-Tapestry data entry updates, Constant Contact updates, fulfilling online book orders, monitoring and responding to admin email as needed, answering the phone, collecting the mail, processing donations and income.
- Assist the Executive Director and the Communication & Administration Coordinator with any tasks/duties that may arise in order to facilitate the smooth operations of the Henri Nouwen Society.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector, including three to five years of fundraising experience.
- Working knowledge of the industry and experience organizing events and conferences.
- Some knowledge and/or interest in Nouwen and Christian spirituality.
- Familiarity with E-Tapestry and other equivalent fundraising database.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly organized with ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Self-motivated and adept at problem solving.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone.
- Proven ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- This is a full-time permanent position of 37.5 hours per week. Hybrid option available, with 2 to 3 days in office.
- Comprehensive benefits package and 15 paid vacation days in the first year and week break in December.
- Occasional overtime required. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter. Please create a PDF combining your letter and resume as one document and send to HR@henrinouwen.org by Monday March 6, 2023. We thank all applicants for applying however, only qualified respondents will be contacted