Fundraising Events Specialist
WHO WE ARE?
Tennis Canada is a mission driven, high profile, not-for-profit Registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association (RCAAA) with offices in Toronto and Montreal. Tennis Canada’s mission is to lead the growth of tennis in Canada and its vision is to become a world-leading tennis nation. Tennis Canada also owns and operates the world-class National Bank Open presented by Rogers tournaments in Toronto and Montreal, two of the best-run sporting events on the planet which annually bring the globe’s best tennis players to Canada and continue to break attendance records year on year. Tennis Canada also owns and operates world class tennis facilities in Toronto and Montreal.
FUNDRAISING EVENTS SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Vice President of Fund Development, the Fundraising Events Specialist plays a key role in managing and coordinating a range of online and in person fundraising events designed to increase revenue to support the mission of Tennis Canada – both in High Performance and Grassroots community programs.
- Manages and coordinates a portfolio of online and in person fundraising events (i.e. online auctions, 50/50 draws, National Bank Open Lounge, etc.).
- Keeps abreast of current event fundraising trends and develops test/pilot projects to innovate during NBO and future new business opportunities.
- Works with the fund development team to create event concepts, vision, budgets, fundraising plans, and marketing plans; works in cross functional teams, i.e. marketing, communications, programs.
- Ensures high quality and meaningful donor, volunteer, and participant engagement.
- Maintains and facilitates the management of the event database, i.e. the entering of new records, updating of existing records, tracking of lost donors, and issuing thank you letters.
- Oversees and coordinates copy, design, and testing of any written, visual or spoken event-related fundraising material.
- Manages the overall responsibility for administrative work including reporting, reconciliations, license applications, and liaisons with suppliers.
- Produces analysis of activities and event reports; monitors and reports on revenue.
- Fosters an understanding of fundraising within the organization.
- Manages, trains and supports event day volunteers, when appropriate.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE?
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related field.
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ related experience in event planning and/or event execution required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working with teams and donors required; prior experience working in a not-for-profit environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality, engaging, creative, brand-appropriate events required; must have experience promoting and encouraging participation in events from target audiences.
- Understanding of metrics and strategic outcomes required, with a demonstrated ability to use events as a tool to reach strategic organizational goals.
- Strong understanding of best practices for in-person and virtual events.
- Understanding of budgets and revenue goals, with a demonstrated ability to develop and deliver projects based on assigned financial goals.
- Strong understanding of how to use best practices and data to streamline processes and advance on business goals.
- Exceptional relationship-building and relationship management skills; must demonstrate diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Ability and aptitude for presenting an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically, creatively and dynamically in high-pressure situations.
- Strong mastery of technology.
- Demonstrated ability to think quickly and problem-solve on the spot.
- Ability to work and collaborate with other teams on a common goal.
- Bilingual (French) an asset.
If you are interested in being considered for this excellent opportunity with our organization, kindly email resumes to:
Subject: Fundraising Events Specialist
Tennis Canada is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.