Girls E-Mentorship (GEM) is a top 100 rated charity offering a research-based mentorship program for high school girls facing socioeconomic barriers to build their professional skills and the confidence they need to achieve their academic and career potential. We believe all young women should have the opportunity to succeed despite where they come from or what barriers they’ve faced.
GEM is growing! We’re seeking an exceptional fundraiser to continue leading the success of our dynamic fundraising program. Reporting to the Executive Director and the Board Committee, this role is ideal for candidates that are passionate about youth, education and employment, gender-equity, and working with diverse communities.
The Fundraising Lead’s primary responsibilities includes prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals, businesses, and foundations to meet fundraising targets established in consultation with the board; and leading and supporting the committee in developing and executing successful fundraising campaigns and events.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND TALENTS REQUIRED:
· A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field of study, or the equivalent in working experience.
· A minimum of 3 years of development experience with an annual fundraising program cycle including prospecting, solicitation, stewardship, closing gifts and reporting.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with volunteers.
· Strong understanding of donor management software and relational databases.
· Strong work ethic and commitment for excellence.
· Able to manage multiple priorities, while meeting competing deadlines.
· Passionate about gender equity, and building more inclusive societies through youth engagement, and able to conduct work through a feminist, anti-racism lens.
Email your resume, along with a cover letter stating salary expectations, and how your experience corresponds to the role’s responsibilities to GEM’s Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
GEM is currently working under a hybrid model, with 2 days a week in the office. Girls E-Mentorship is committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous people, women, LGBTQIA+ people, people of colour, and people with disabilities.
We appreciate all interest, however we can only respond to candidates invited for interview.