Girls E-Mentorship (GEM) is a top 100 rated charity offering a research-based mentorship program for high school girls facing socioeconomic barriers to build their professional skills and achieve their academic and career potential. We believe every young woman deserves equal opportunity to develop their skills to pursue higher education and build successful career paths.
GEM is experiencing a monumental period of growth, and we’re seeking an exceptional fundraiser to help build and manage the annual fundraising program with individuals, corporations, foundations, and events. Reporting to the Executive Director and the Board Engagement Committee, this role is responsible for the success of GEM’s fundraising revenues in support of the organization’s operations. The ideal candidate is a team player, strong communicator, and excellent project manager who will thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Supports the Executive Director in the implementation of the annual fundraising plan
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual targets as set by the Board and Committee
- Manages a pool of current donors and sponsors to ensure strong relationships, a high rate of foundation grant renewal, and implements strategies to increase and upgrade donations and grants at appropriate intervals.
- Manages a pool of prospects through the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new contributions and the development of long-standing relationships, and potential donors identified through prospect research and or by staff and volunteers.
- Identifies and researches opportunities for foundation grants. Develops highly compelling proposals for Corporate and Foundation prospects and monitor and meet submission deadlines.
- Organizes and manages live/virtual fundraising events including the annual Run and other events to raise funds and awareness
- Manages stewardship processes for current donors to ensure reporting requirements are met and exceeded to sustain and deepen partnerships
- Provides support to the Board and Committee Members to achieve the fundraising targets and provide support to aid prospect cultivation through touch-points including telephone calls, attending events and meetings
- Collaborates with the Board and Committee to ensure high-level and creative corporate sponsor and donor engagement
- Maintains accurate and current donor tracking and the donor database including review of donor software updates as needed
- Collaborates with the Committee to ensure high-level corporate sponsor and donor engagement
- Co-ordinates GEM’s Yorkville Run by managing volunteers, donors, runners, communications, and all requirements to execute a successful Run including building teams, training, tracking revenues and reporting requirements
- Responds to stakeholder enquiries in a prompt and professional manner
- Ensures all activities are conducted in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency policies and GEM’s Privacy Policies
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director from time to time
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND TALENTS REQUIRED:
- At least 3 years of fundraising experience with an annual fundraising program including prospecting, solicitation, and reporting with demonstrated success
- Excellent inter-personal and verbal/written communications skills
- Hands on experience in basic prospect research methods and practices
- Knowledge of not-for-profit fundraising practices and principles
- Strong understanding of donor management software and relational databases
- Strong understanding of the Toronto philanthropic community
- Excellent cross-cultural communications skills, with an ability to build genuine and meaningful relationships with stakeholders while maintaining discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time and project management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong work ethic and commitment for excellence
- Able to manage multiple pressing priorities and thrive in a small shop
- Able to work with diverse communities, and approach all work through a feminist, anti-racism lens
Email your resume, along with a cover letter stating how your experience corresponds to the role’s responsibilities to:
The Hiring Committee
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2022, 5pm EST
Girls E-Mentorship is committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous people, women, LGBTQIA+ people, people of colour, people with disabilities.