Fundraising Operations & Data Lead
The Fundraising Operations & Data Lead plays a key role within the Development Team because we know that data is fundamental to our fundraising success. Ensuring clean data and understanding our data better helps shape the big picture, uncover potential, and contributes to sound organizational decisions and positive results.
The successful candidate will possess strong attention to detail and processes, excellent analytical thinking skills, and a commitment to information-driven decision-making. The candidate will work well across the Development Team and other departments and embed diversity, equity, and inclusion in their work.
If you like to help others and love data and technology – and you want to leverage both to help us achieve Evergreen’s mission – we encourage you to apply.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities livable, green and prosperous. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For almost 35 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We’ve worked from coast to coast with governments, donors, neighbourhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About The Role:
The role will lead core Development fundraising functions, including database and campaign management, donor and prospect research, gift processing and administration, reporting and analytics, data integrity and security. You will work in collaboration with other departments, especially IT and Finance. The Fundraising Operations & Data Lead ensures the integrity of donor data and analyzes database information to measure progress and identify opportunities for growth and improvement. You will also lead our team as we transition to a new CRM platform.
- Serve as primary data administrator for the Development team and optimize CRM use across the team.
- Propose data and technology strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating fundraising priorities, proactively identifying problems, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements, and integrating that knowledge to create and implement systems that work for our team.
- Collaborate with your Development team colleagues to implement and optimize fundraising and pipeline management processes, including donor identification, qualification, cultivation, stewardship, and retention strategies.
- Support the preparation, implementation and post-implementation activities of migration to new CRM system in collaboration with IT and an external consultant.
- Create dashboards and automate reports to maintain accurate data on funding pipeline, actions and fundraising KPIs.
- Manage gift entry and data flow, and requests for reports and analyses, including monthly reconciliation with Finance team.
- Provide or facilitate training on CRM and other platforms/software as required and in collaboration with IT colleagues.
- Working closely with the Development leaders, provide strategic insights and recommendations to enhance the fundraising function and inform annual planning and budgeting.
- Support an information-driven decision culture by drawing conclusions and identifying data trends through statistical analysis.
- Research and monitor emerging solutions in the sector to improve systems support of fundraising goals.
- Support prospect research as needed.
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Collaboration. Employ generosity of spirit when working across lines.
You have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent in professional certifications and/or experience
- 5+ years as a systems professional, or demonstrated experience in a similar role, providing operational support, project management, and reporting and analytics
- Proficiency and comfort in Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge
- Background in working with Salesforce’s Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP) in a fundraising environment is an asset.
- Experience with progressive levels of responsibility with donor data systems, including partnering with fundraising staff to optimize systems functionality
- Understanding of prospect research considered an asset
- Project management experience; PMP certification is an asset
- Experience working with cross-functional teams at a national charity or non-profit
- Proficiency in other digital tools like Microsoft Teams/SharePoint, Wrike
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload while aligning with the organization’s “big picture”
- Experience with or a deep understanding of fundraising operations, budget management and event management best practices
- Versatile team player with a can-do, supportive attitude and passion for our mission
- Strong communication skills
- Reports to Director, Fundraising
- This position can be located anywhere in Canada with hybrid/remote work arrangements available.
- Evergreen’s head office is at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto. On site presence may be required at specific times of the year.
- Regular office hours (Monday to Friday) are flexible, but work may include infrequent weekends, holidays and/or evenings.
- Full-time, permanent
- $70,000 – $80,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 personal days (aka Evergreen Days) and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
Application Close Date: July 17, 2023
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*