As a registered charity fundraising is a key function of what we do and the Fundraising Specialist will be our lead for:
- Planning, development and oversight of fundraising campaigns and events to raise money and other kinds of donations.
- Proactively identify and develop new sources of support to meet fundraising goals.
- Assist in maintaining and growing relationships with existing corporate and individual donors
- You may not have years of experience but if you have proven success in these key areas we are definitely interested in hearing from you. You will report to the Executive Director and will be part of a supportive and collaborative team who will champion along side you every step of the way!
- Developing, writing, executing and evaluating fundraising plans which include a variety of fundraising systems including annual; monthly; major gift and planned gift.
- Organizing and implementing creative campaigns or events to solicit donations.
- Proactively identifying and developing new sources of financial support to meet fundraising goals.
- Developing strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Utilizing and maintaining administrative systems and databases.
- Write speaking points, media releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness or present outcomes of the fundraising campaign.
- Building, developing and maintaining relationships with donors and sponsors though activities such as telephone calls; in person meetings; written thank you notes etc.
- Tracking and reporting progress of all fundraising to the Executive Director.
- Writing reports or prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program outcome data.
- Attending community events or meetings to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Assisting the Administrative Manager with the orienting of fundraising volunteers.
Skills, abilities and experience required:
- 1-2 years experience planning and executing fundraising events and campaigns.
- Desirable to have a certificate, college diploma, college degree or university degree in Fundraising, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have a current Criminal Reference Check and proof of double COVID-19 vaccine.
- We want a dedicated, collaborative team member who is passionate about their work and willing to jump in with a helping hand and a smile whenever it is needed.
- An ability to enjoy oneself and have a sense of humour while knee deep in what will feel like chaos at times.
- Must possess a true love of working with the community and nurturing relationships with our donors, patrons and sponsors.
- Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing and have the ability to write reports and media releases and be good with detail.
What we can offer you
- A full time position
- Pay commensurate to your experience; $50-$60k annually plus benefits
- Excellent professional development opportunities
Please send your cover letter and resumé to Natasha.email@example.com quoting Fundraising Specialist by 4:00 p.m. EST by November 30, 2021. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Station Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to inclusive recruitment and selection processes and work environments. The selection process may include assessment methods to further determine a candidate’s knowledge and skills for the position. Please advise Station Gallery of any accommodations needed to ensure your access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.