About Hope Air
Hope Air is Canada’s only national charity providing free travel and accommodations for Canadians in financial need to get to medical care far from home. Hope Air has provided more than 165,000 travel arrangements in our 36-year history.
About the Grant Manager Position
Hope Air is recruiting a new Grants Manager within our Fundraising Team – an exciting opportunity to help patients travel to access medical care. The individual in this role will take a leadership position in managing a portfolio of Foundation donors, with growth planned for future years.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- A passion for helping others and making positive change in Canada.
- A degree or diploma in Fundraising, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field, and/or the equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, in particular, writing skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Extremely organized, pays great attention to detail, able to multi-task, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with a donor database and pipeline process. Familiarity with using Salesforce is an asset.
- Experience navigating Foundation grant application processes, including letters of inquiry, proposals and grant applications.
Key Duties of the Role:
- Managing a portfolio of Foundation donors throughout the grant cycle, including responsibility for prospect research, donor acquisition and stewardship.
- Engaging and stewarding donors through regular updates on the progress of programs and projects; communicating to donors regularly on the impact of their giving, in addition to maintaining a regular reporting cycle based on timelines provided by the donor.
- Managing administration related to Foundation grant application, including donor correspondence, ensuring that grants are up to date in the donor database (Salesforce), and filing grant application appropriately.
- Working with Communications to ensure that donor’s recognition expectations are met.
- Working with Finance to ensure that all restricted grants are allocated correctly and that all grant documentation is in compliance with donor directives.
- Working effectively as an integral part of a highly collaborative fundraising team.
You Must Have:
- 3-5 Years or more fundraising experience, with a focus on managing Foundation relationships
- A demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- Proficiency in prospect research, and related softwares including tools like iWave and CRM (Salesforce)
You’ll be successful if:
- You are well structured with the ability to balance competing priorities
Staying on top of renewals, acquisition and regular reporting is a balancing act that requires a self-manager with a clear sense of prioritization
- You have strong writing skills
Foundation grants are nuanced. The successful applicant understands how to write for this audience, and how to vary their approach based on the individual needs and nature of granting bodies
- You have strong relationship skills
Strong stewardship of our funders, affiliated parties and supporters of Hope Air in general are critical to this role.
- You’re motivated by growth
We’re looking forward to expanding our pool of supporters across the Board. Maintaining and growing our Foundation portfolio is a big part of Hope Air’s ongoing success.
Working at Hope Air:
You will be joining a dynamic and mission inspired Team who believe in collaboration, excellence and having fun. The benefits of working at Hope Air include :
- Industry competitive salary;
- Annual Bonus incentive;
- Comprehensive medical, dental and other Benefits;
- 4 weeks paid vacation;
- flexible home/office work arrangements;
- Hope Air offices are located at the CSI Annex Toronto location, a beautiful light filled, brick and beam building
- Professional development support.
In Canada, healthcare is universal. Access is not.
Hope Air believes that where you live and how much money you have should not determine your access to medical care in Canada.
Hope Air is Canada’s only national charity providing free travel and accommodations for Canadians in financial need who must access medical care far from home. With 3.2 million Canadians living below the poverty line – including 566,000 children, 191,000 single mothers and 216,000 seniors – access to healthcare is not assured and cost is a huge barrier if you must travel to reach specialists far from home. The promise of Hope Air is that when it comes to healthcare, no one will be left behind no matter where they live or their financial challenges.
Hope Air’s travel and accommodation programs provide patients with an immediate and direct impact on their lives. As a result of Hope Air support, thousands of Canadians each year reach medical care rather than being forced to postpone or cancel medical treatments due to financial constraints. Hope Air’s programs help keep remote and smaller communities vibrant, enabling Canadians to continue to live where they choose regardless of local access to specialized medical care.
Hope Air is a well-performing national charity with a mission that has undeniable appeal. For the right leader, this is a unique and wonderful opportunity to have positive impact on the lives of Canadians who struggle to access the healthcare they need. Caring and patient-centric, the organization explores new and creative options to address those needs, and sees significant opportunity to continue to grow.
Please submit a resume to:
Jon Collinsjcollins@hopeair.caChief Development Officer
Applications should quote “Grant Manager Application” in the subject line.