Grant Writer and Research Consultant
POSITION Grant Writer and Research Consultant – Short-Term Contract to December 16, 2022
GOAL To research and write 15 proposals by or before December 16, 2022.
CONTRACT FEE $5,000
LOCATION Work from home, anywhere in Canada
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with the CEO and the FDO to build upon private funding goals and objectives, and plan outcomes.
- Conduct relevant internal discussions with staff on desired outcomes.
- Research and expand on Katimavik’s current comprehensive list of identified prospective funders aligned with Katimavik’s current needs using GrantConnect.
- Using existing templates, drafting new case for support arguments where needed, and prepare a minimum of 15 fund development proposals in support of Katimavik’s identified priorities.
- Provide regular progress updates to the FDO.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Recent graduate of a college program in fundraising or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling cases for support.
- Able to deal, efficiently, with conflicting priorities.
- High attention to detail and strong persuasive writing skills for proposals and email communications, and knowledge of what is engaging and persuasive to different audiences, whether in terms of substantive framing or visual presentation of information.
- Ability to research and source potential funders within and outside of GrantConnect.
- Ability to write proposals in both official languages (French and English) is an asset.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- HOW TO APPLYSend your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We appreciate all those who apply but will be contacting only those who are moving forward in the selection process. Please include a sample of your writing with your application.
WHO WE ARE