Gratitude & Stewardship Officer
Holland Bloorview is committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. This commitment is central to, and mutually supportive of, our research excellence mandate within our corporate No Boundaries strategic plan. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members of our community and we support an inclusive culture for our clients, families, research scientists, staff, participants, trainees, volunteers, trustees, and partners. We welcome applications from Black individuals and other racialized persons, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2SA+ persons, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas within our community. Holland Bloorview is committed to fair assessment of a candidate’s abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience, including non-traditional career paths.
Compensation: $60,000 Plus a comprehensive benefits package.
You will participate in the hospital benefits program including HOOPP defined-benefit pension, maternity leave top-up, group life insurance, short and long-term disability, minimum 3 weeks vacation plus float days. The Foundation has a flexible work environment with additional incentives, funding and time off for personal wellness and development, innovation and equity learning, and significant opportunities for advancement.
About The Role:
Do you believe in the power of gratitude and want to work with an engaged, diverse and innovative team to set new best practices for stewardship?
Reporting to the Manager of Stakeholder Relations, this newly created role of Gratitude & Stewardship Officer will lead our mission-critical strategy for stewardship and work collaboratively with our cross-functional team. Stewardship events planning and execution, donor recognition and innovative appreciation initiatives are the super powers needed most in this role along with an authentic passion for our work to create a world of possibilities for kids with disabilities.
It’s an exciting time at the Holland Bloorview Foundation as our team is about to embark on our next 5 plan, Daring Together, with fresh strategies to inspire community. The Officer of Gratitude and Stewardship will play an instrumental role in our success. Join us!
About Holland Bloorview Foundation:
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is the largest foundation in Canada dedicated to supporting childhood disability inclusion, research, care and academic leadership. In partnership with the hospital, our mission is to inspire the community to help Holland Bloorview create the most meaningful and healthy futures for all children, youth and families.
Thanks to generous donors, our Foundation raises over $15 million dollars annually and creates public engagement to eliminate disability stigma.
What we care about at the Holland Bloorview Foundation:
We shake up old ways of doing things. We push the boundaries and create sector-leading fundraising experiences. We try, fail, and try again, only this time better.
We believe in the power of community to do good, and go out of our way to say thank you. We value the small and the large, the old and the new, and treat our community with respect and gratitude.
We value and amplify diverse voices – both in our workplace and in our work. We commit to ensuring our fundraising and communications practices are inclusive and that our vision includes all voices.
We lead with empathy, compassion, and respect. We work as a team, trusting and empowering each other to get things done, and rolling up our sleeves to help each other out when we need to. We have each other’s backs, and recognize that ultimately, we’re all working toward the same goal of creating a world of possibilities for kids with disabilities.
We find lightness and joy and support each other through the tough times. We share laughter, celebrate successes, and bring our whole selves to the workplace.
We are thoughtful stewards of our community’s donations and our client’s stories. We live our values every day, and do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Responsibilities and Requirements of Holland Bloorview Foundation’s Gratitude & Stewardship Officer:
- Lead strategy and execution for innovative, best-in-sector, cross-organization stewardship plan
- Project management of annual donor recognition lists
- Coordinate with external suppliers and hospital partners for donor recognition signage and naming opportunities
- Plan and execute stewardship and donor recognition special events virtually and in person
- Facilitate the ongoing development of fresh and creative gratitude initiatives
- Coordinate donor thank you calls
- Build capacity within the organization for customized, authentic donor stewardship
- Ensure all stewardship content adheres to client and family focused lens and are told in an anti-ableist, positive, ethical, and empowering way
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience in donor stewardship and special events planning or equivalent
- Exceptional project management and event coordination skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills with a flare for creativity and compassion
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to disability and social justice
- Ability to work in teams and independently
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database a significant asset
Interested candidates please apply online: https://hollandbloorview.ca/about-us/working-with-us/current-job-opportunities