Ignite Durham Learning Foundation – Fundraising Development Coordinator
Durham District School Board
Reports to: Executive Director, Ignite Durham Learning Foundation
This position plays a central role in growing and evolving our Foundation’s philanthropy program, with a focus on building meaningful relationships with existing and prospective donors. The Foundation Coordinator will lead the development and consistent delivery of exceptional and impactful donor interactions, participating in activities related to the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of all donors.
FUNDRAISING AND DONOR STEWARDSHIP
The Foundation Coordinator will be responsible for researching and developing funding proposals, grant applications and cases for support to secure giving. This position will work closely with the Executive Director to establish the overall development plan and measurement systems for reporting to donors and the Board of Directors.
- Identify prospective funding opportunities that align with the Foundation’s Mission, Vision and four key giving initiatives.
- Collaborate with the communications and creative services teams on content creation in various aspects of the Foundation’s communications, ensuring the donor perspective is represented and ensuring all messaging is aligned with Foundation goals and objectives.
- Lead the development of innovative, meaningful stewardship communications that will surprise and delight donors of all levels and types.
- Solicit, negotiate and convert new and repeat donations, grants and foundation funding through direct professional activities including telephone work, face to face asks, lead follow ups, ongoing correspondence and cold calling.
- Serve on community organization committees to assist with building consensus and partnerships Track the charitable sector environment to ensure the Foundation is implementing best practice approaches to fundraising.
This position will be responsible for project management of all donor and fundraising events for the Foundation. Soliciting sponsors, advertising, selling tickets, coordinating volunteers and covering the logistics for events and most importantly generating profits for the Foundation.
- Representing the Foundation at internal and external events.
- Recruit and retain effective volunteers and volunteer partners.
- Development of corporate and business relationships along with solicitations of monetary and in-kind support for sponsorship’s, auctions, fundraising activities and events.
- Directing of event timelines and associated volunteer activities to ensure all elements of the event are delivered with high quality and on time.
- Track revenue, expenses and budgeted forecast for all events.
- Production and oversight of all event materials.
- Manage event venue(s) and vendor relationships.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience and skills in fundraising practices and principles with an in-depth knowledge in determining internal and external partnership, fundraising and marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated and well-developed communication skills (written and verbal).
- Presentation skills and platforms used for digital presentations.
- Computer proficiency in using MS office suite and experience with donor databases.
- Ability to work independently, rise to new challenges, find creative solutions and prioritize competing demands.
- Superior project management skills and ability to coordinate multiple priorities concurrently.
- Results and revenue oriented with a strong ability to secure financial support for the Foundation.
- Direct knowledge of Not-For-Profit fundraising and best practices.
- Knowledge of Grant writing protocols and effective measures to facilitate successful outcomes.
- Working knowledge of websites and social media.
- Ability to interpret policy/regulations, evaluate information and develop and implement comprehensive fundraising plans.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary education in Fundraising and Resource Development or Equivalent Education.
- Preferred qualification: Certified Fund Raising Executive Certification (CFRE).
- Five (5) years Fundraising (not for profit/charitable sector) experience required.
- Two (2) years Educational related Foundation experience preferred.
This is a 35 hour per week, permanent position. The approximate start date is August 15, 2022.
The DDSB is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment and hiring of qualified staff who reflect the diversity of our region. We encourage submissions from candidates who represent the various dimensions of diversity. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.