Community Food Centres Canada
Lead, Development Operations & Analytics (Full-time, Permanent)
Posted On: April 3, 2023
Closing On: April 25, 2023
Employment Type: fulltime
Salary Range: $82,000.00 - $87,000.00 per year
Title: Lead, Development Operations & Analytics (Full-time, Permanent)
Location: CFCC’s office is located in Toronto. This position can be located anywhere in Canada with flexible/hybrid/and remote work arrangements available.
Reports To: Chief Development & Communications Officer
Hiring range: $82,000 – $87,000 annually, including a comprehensive benefits plan, pension plan, 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation in your second year of employment, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, wellness days, access to an Employee Assistance Program and professional development opportunities
At the heart of Community Food Centre Canada’s work is the belief that food is a basic right. We bring people together around good food so communities can thrive. With more than 350 partners across the country, we build inclusive, culturally responsive Community Food Centres, share knowledge, create health-focused programs, and advocate for equitable policy change. Learn more here.
At Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC), we work on behalf of good food for all. Our collective approach at CFCC is founded on dignity, respect, equity, and empathy. These values are core to our mission and outlined in our Good Food Principles.
We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to engage with diverse communities productively. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Development & Communications Officer, this position will lead core Development operations functions, including Salesforce database and campaign management, donor and prospect research, gift processing and administration, reporting and analytics, data integrity and security.
The ideal candidate is a process-oriented leader who thrives on continuous improvement and a creative and flexible problem solver who leverages data and technology to inform strategy and drive results.
- Provide leadership to ensure effective and strategic use of Salesforce, including policy and practice around usage and maintenance relative to Development
- Manage Development’s day-to-day operation of Salesforce, including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, flows, performance monitoring and backups
- Lead efforts to update, revise and develop all process and procedure documentation related to Development’s use of Salesforce.
- Develop policies, procedures and practices that allow for accurate, timely reporting on fundraising efforts and results
- Manage Salesforce Donor Engagement processes, including activities, tasks and Gmail integrations
- In collaboration with IT, contribute to designing and testing solutions, enhancements, upgrades and new releases
- Manage Engaging Network to optimize usage and ensure synchronization with Salesforce
- Lead and implement change through analysis, collaboration, communication and other key change management principles
- Contribute strategic and tactical Salesforce skills to understand how changes may impact users across the organization; in collaboration with IS/IT and other teams, develop, test, and deploy solutions, applying best practices
- Provide ongoing Salesforce and Engaging Networks training and support
- Design and implement processes for importing/exporting large data files, routine data entry and reporting, ensuring data quality, documenting donor communications, tracking donations, and issuing gift receipts.
- Contribute to CFCC’s overall technology and digital transformation strategy; actively collaborating with the IS/IT team on ongoing system integration and process improvements
Operations & Analytics
- Effectively lead direct reports, creating a cohesive team capable of achieving identified goals and objectives
- Liaise between Development, Programs and Finance to champion collaboration and process improvement
- Oversee the gift acceptance process, including gift processing, maintenance of donation records, and tax receipting
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data, and adherence to tax, privacy, and legal regulations concerning data storage and reporting
- Oversee prospect management, including prospect identification and research, and prospect coordination
- Co-create and monitor performance metrics and KPIs for both revenue and activity, identifying trends, risks and opportunities
- Develop and implement reports and provide analysis to inform strategy, including revenue reports, activity reports; program performance; individual fundraiser reports; donor analysis; prospect lists, contact lists and campaign reporting
- Provide accurate and timely lists for mail and email campaigns; set up and deploy campaigns, journeys and automation in Engaging Networks
- Support revenue and expense budgeting and reporting, including monthly statements and reconciliation process; analyze results to support strategic decision making
- Align with CFCC values and contribute to the evolution of our culture, and a work environment that is grounded in Equity, Respect, Integrity & Accountability, Collaboration & Engagement, Leadership, Innovation and Impact.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including experience managing gift administration, prospect management, reporting and analytics to inform and drive revenue, enhance engagement and optimize investment
- 3+ years of Salesforce administrator experience in a similar or closely related nonprofit environment (NPSP).
- Salesforce Administrator certification in current standing and experience managing a system with at least 25 users
- Salesforce Business Analyst certification is an asset
- Experience with Engaging Networks is an asset
- Experience with APSONA is an asset
- Experience with payment gateways and third-party fundraising apps and platforms is an asset (e.g. iATS, Paypal, Benevity, Canada Helps)
- Experience in process improvement to support fundraising efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience with people leadership and project management
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills and the ability to translate information effectively
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking and creative problem-solving
- Strong financial acumen and knowledge of financial procedures related to fundraising
- Ability to build relationships, negotiate and influence, and manage change in a complex environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A post-secondary degree in a related field; fundraising education and/or technical diploma/degree (e.g. Computer Science, IT, Programming, Data Analytics, etc. an asset)
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and that strives to work from an anti-racism and anti-oppression framework
- Demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
Some of the many benefits of working at CFCC
- A comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, short and long-term disability insurance, membership in a defined benefit pension plan
- 15 paid vacation days in your first year, increasing to 20 paid vacation days in your second year of employment, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, wellness days, and access to an Employee Assistance Program
- A culture of mutual support where staff are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive Canada
- An opportunity to be part of a movement building health, belonging and social justice in low-income communities across Canada through the power of food
How to apply
To apply, please visit this link and click Apply Now. Please skip the Professional Details (Skills) section and attach your resume and cover letter. Please detail why your skills and experience match this job in your cover letter.
Posting closes at the end of day on April 25, 2023. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in CFCC.