Leadership Gifts Officer
Casey House Foundation raises funds exclusively for Casey House, a sub-acute HIV specialty hospital with inpatient and outpatient care. Casey House believes clients deserve dignity and judgement-free health care. Through their innovative and comprehensive approach, an extensive inter-disciplinary team provides holistic care within the context of people’s lives, choices, communities and circumstances. Casey House is much more than a place for clients to get better. It’s a place where clients receive compassion. Where they can feel empowered. Where they can feel respected. Where they can feel included.
Position: Leadership Gifts Officer
Reports to: Chief Development and Marketing Officer
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday (with the potential for evening/weekend work as required)
Salary Range: $60K to $70K annually
Status: Full-time permanent
The Leadership Gifts Officer is a new role being introduced as part of the growth and evolution of the Casey House Foundation. Reporting to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer (CDMO) and an integral part of the Foundation Team, the Leadership Gifts Officer (LGO) will maintain a personal portfolio of approximately 75 prospects with a focus on securing leadership gifts at the $5,000+ level. Unique opportunities include participating in campaign development, inspiring a generous community to give at a transformative level, and engaging key community members in making annual donations, multi-year pledge commitments and legacy gifts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Champion Casey House Foundation’s strategic and annual plans.
- Lead the Leadership Gift and Planned Giving programs.
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 75 potential donors capable and inclined to give $5,000 or more.
- Maintain a visit schedule of 10-15 in person cultivation/solicitation visits per month.
- Cooperatively develop strategies and processes used to migrate donors from the Direct Response portfolio to the Leadership Gifts program, and vice versa.
- Work with the CDMO to develop and implement annual and long-range plans, including Campaign plan(s), to maximize the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Leadership gift donors and prospects.
- In collaboration with the CDMO and foundation team, plan relevant communication materials for major and legacy giving, such as project descriptions, case statements, funding proposals, and gift agreements.
- Forge strong relationships with Hospital stakeholders, including physicians, nurses, clinicians, managers and directors, front-line staff, administrative staff, volunteers and clients.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- A passion for Casey House, our community, and healthcare fundraising.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a genuine interest and pleasure in people’s lives and charitable aspirations.
- Deep relationship-building expertise that embodies a warm, respectful and patient approach with prospects, donors and other stakeholders, while at the same time relying on well-honed intuition to recognize and respond to cues that will strategically advance the relationship.
- Outstanding communication skills, incorporating written, verbal, public speaking, tailored messaging and active listening.
- A “go getter”, team player and strong relationship builder as evidenced through assertiveness, attentiveness, compassion, initiative, sharing/learning, and calmness under pressure.
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage and operate in an environment of uncertainty.
- Organization skills in support of determining priorities/workflow; maintaining flexibility to contribute to group efforts; demonstrating excellent project management, planning and coordination.
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow through.
- Commitment to professional and personal growth through continuing education programs and self-directed learning.
- Critical thinking and sound judgement in making recommendations and decisions.
- The ability to respect confidentiality and discretion while demonstrating tact, poise and sound judgement.
- Highly professional, mature and confident.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Embraces positivity, friendliness and cheerfulness to create and sustain a positive team and work culture.
- A university degree or college diploma (with a focus on fundraising, public relations or other related filed), or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Professional membership with CAGP and CFRE designation is an asset.
- 4 years related experience.
- Proven track record of personal success in securing major philanthropic contributions.
- Experience developing major gift strategies, and execution, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a planned giving program.
- Prior experience engaging, training and inspiring volunteers, committees and boards.
- Fundraising donor systems experience with the ability to pull reports, manage and track major gift activity. Experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT would be an asset.
- Computer / word processing / database experience required, preferably in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge environments.
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment, public relations and/or sales experience an asset.
Please note that screening for this position will include a psychometric assessment.
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those living with HIV/AIDS. Casey House is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please be aware that Casey House has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all staff to be fully vaccinated, or for those not able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, provide medical documentation and undertake point of care antigen testing no later than 48 hours prior to the start of each on-site working day.
This posting will close at 11:30 PM on Friday, March 18, 2022
Link to apply: https://caseyhouse-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/CSH53