Legacy Giving Manager
Do you care about community health? Are you a natural networker and a budding marketer? Do you enjoy both the technical aspects and personal connections of financial planning?
As we grow our planned giving program, we have an exciting opportunity for a second person to bring their expertise to the role of Legacy Giving Manager.
Reporting to the Vice President, Major Gifts and Planned Giving, the Legacy Giving Manager will be part of our Planned Giving Team. They will help to develop and lead a strategy to engage professional advisors in East Toronto, inspire new members to join the Joseph H. Harris Legacy Circle, steward the loved ones of donors whose gifts have been realized, and lead our Planned Giving Committee. The successful candidate will work alongside our current Legacy Giving Manager to take our mature planned giving program to the next level.
Using their professional acumen and strong interpersonal skills, they will help the foundation to spread the word about the benefits of legacy giving at Michael Garron Hospital.
Join our dynamic team as we support Michael Garron Hospital in meeting the evolving needs of one of Canada’s most diverse communities.
- Respond to new planned giving leads
- Cultivate a pipeline of potential planned giving and major gift donors
- In collaboration with the marketing and communications team, develop and present compelling major gift and planned giving proposals.
- Manage a portfolio of existing Legacy Circle members
- Provide technical advice on complex gifts
- Provide strategic advice to the major gift team as they incorporate planned giving into their portfolios
- Build relationships with hospital partners and foundation colleagues to understand funding priorities.
Develop and lead professional advisor strategy
- Create and grow relationships with professional advisors in our community
- Develop and execute a strategy for communicating with professional advisors
- Plan and execute an annual event to engage professional advisors
- Lead the planned giving committee including regular meetings and communication
Develop and lead a marketing strategy for prospective planned giving donors and professional advisors
- With the support of our marketing and communications team, develop and execute digital and print advertising aimed at prospective planned giving donors and professional advisors
Successful gift planning professionals come from many backgrounds, including law, trust administration, estate or financial planning, wealth management or other client/donor services. Equivalences will be considered. Continued pursuit of professional development and technical competency will be expected in this role.
Education and Credentials
- 5+ years of related experience and a related post-secondary degree;
- Related professional designation (CFRE, LLB, CPA, other) preferred
- Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, confirming and stewarding legacy gifts or similar
- Technical competency in gift planning and estate administration and the related tax and legal elements
- Experience in a healthcare setting considered an asset.
- CFRE designation and membership in CAGP considered an asset.
- Experience with digital and print marketing channels
- Proficiency and comfort with the use of Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT or similar CRM
- Excellent current technical knowledge of charitable gifting options and opportunities and/or estate/trust principles
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Initiative and the ability to recognize, create and act on opportunities
- Sound judgment and strategic decision making abilities
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills, including the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage a high degree of complexity
- A desire to work with a creative and collaborative team committed to quality, values and leadership
- A customer orientation including the ability to understand wants and needs and to act accordingly, growing a professional business practice
- Volunteer management including committees
- Diplomatic and highly ethical
- Superb performance and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
About Michael Garron Hospital Foundation
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation engages our community and inspires investment in support of our hospital to make a lasting impact on the health and well-being of everyone in East Toronto. With our colleagues, hospital partners, volunteers, donors and the community we serve, we continually work to:
- Channel our passion and pride to achieve excellence in everything we undertake
- Set a high standard for ourselves and for our team
- Be passionate champions of Michael Garron Hospital and philanthropy
- Foster a respectful team environment that is committed to diversity and inclusion
- Embrace our mission each and every day are these from our code?
We value collaboration, innovation, integrity and respect.
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
We offer an industry leading pension plan (HOOPP), a comprehensive group health and dental benefits package, fitness classes and gym membership, an employee discount program, and tuition assistance. Our target salary range is $80,000 to $117,500 with annual increases and a performance-based bonus.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 29, 2023. We will be reviewing packages as they are received, therefore early applications are encouraged. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.