Major Gifts and Sponsorship Associate
Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to join our team. This position is full-time with benefits, based at Wellspring Westerkirk House, 105 Wellness Way, in Toronto. Wellspring has a hybrid work environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Secure event sponsorships
- Help to set and meet major gift ($10,000+) targets
- Qualify, cultivate and solicit donors
- Build and maintain the donor pipeline, including database tracking
- Write letters of intent and proposals; prepare packages, presentations, etc.
- Liaise with potential donors to identify alignments and targeted approaches for support
- Research prospective supporters, and participate in prospect identification meetings
- Ensure that all contacts with major donors and prospect are tracked
- Cultivation and steward major donors through events
- A minimum of three years of fundraising experience, including a proven track record with measurable results in major giving and/or financial event sponsorships of $10,000+
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Effectiveness in building, nurturing and leveraging strong relationships with donors, volunteers, staff, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Commitment to the core values, cause and communities served by Wellspring
- CFRE designation is an asset
The Major Gifts and Sponsorship Associate role requires some travel around the Greater Toronto Area. Flexible work hours are sometimes needed to accommodate event sponsorship requirements.
If you have the above qualifications and would like to support Wellspring’s mission of helping individuals and families living with cancer, please apply to Eva Thurlow with cover letter and résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Major Gifts and Sponsorship Associate in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Wellspring promotes diversity and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations. Wellspring provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wellspring is a network of community-based support centres and online programs that meet the emotional, practical, and physical/functional needs of people living with cancer and those who care for them. For more information, visit www.wellspring.ca.