Major Gifts Associate
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
TYPE: Part-time, contract
LEVEL: Junior (minimum of 5 years experience in major gifts)
COMPENSATION: $50 per hour, approximately 20 hours per month
A part-time contract position suited for an early-career fundraising professional in support of Factory Theatre’s development department through the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects and donors of $10,000+.
Hours expected to increase in 6-12 months in tandem with growth of the major gifts program.
- Identify and score major gift prospects and donors in Factory’s current supporter and audience database
- Develop a moves management system for major gift prospects and donors
- Direct solicitation of prospects and donors, including in-person meetings, letters/proposals, and other correspondence
- Draft gift agreements
- Work with Factory development staff to coordinate materials including but not limited to speaking and meeting notes, strategic briefs, proposals, and impact reports
- Work with the Factory’s Development & Fundraising Manager to develop stewardship plans for all active major gift donors.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years of experience in major gifts in the non-profit fundraising sector, with experience in the arts preferred. Strong organization skills and a keen eye for detail are essential.