Major Gifts Coordinator
We are proud to be building the equitable Seneca, and welcome applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of lived experiences, perspectives and approaches. Joining Seneca means being part of an inclusive community working hard to dismantle barriers to access, student success and employee potential. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Advancement and Alumni, the Major Gifts Coordinator provides administrative, research and relationship management assistance to the Major Gifts team.
The incumbent will coordinate the team’s activities, supporting the facilitation of donations from major gifts prospects and donors through the fundraising cycle of identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities. The incumbent also collaborates with other Advancement and Alumni staff and liaises with both internal and external stakeholders.
The mandate of this role is to promote giving and volunteerism throughout the Seneca community and to help meet the philanthropic objectives of the College by providing support to the Major Gifts team.
- Drafts and edits correspondence and communications such as confidential profiles, briefing notes, stewardship letters and reports, proposals and supporting materials for donor/prospect visits, events and solicitations.
- Supports development officers in effective prospect research, management and reporting systems, preparing bi-weekly prospect pipeline and proposal reports.
- Supports the moves management system, assisting Major Gifts team members in ensuring they complete their required work on schedule; tracking overall progress of donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities; and flagging issues and concerns for the team and working to resolve them together.
- Maintains calendar, schedules meetings, prepares agendas, takes minutes and oversees meeting logistics for all team meetings and donor/prospect meetings where appropriate.
- Supports the Major Gifts team in recruitment, engagement and call activities of non-Advancement-team solicitors and relationship managers such as senior staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Coordinates constituent records pertaining to major gifts prospect pipeline, ensuring that constituent data and actions are up-to-date and accurate.
- Updates and ensures accurate donor information is maintained in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Provides accurate, detailed pipeline reports, key metrics and other reports as required.
Donor Recognition, Stewardship and Events
- Works with relationship managers, Stewardship Officer, Advancement Services team to ensure that stewardship of major gifts donors is at the highest level.
- Supports the development of administrative documentation, pledge reminders, gift processing forms, journal vouchers, thank you letters and coordination of stewardship activities.
- Supports the development of donor recognition and stewardship plans.
- Coordinates and participates in major gifts cultivation and recognition events, including drafting event outlines, managing guest list and invitation process, overseeing event budget, preparing post event reports and follow-up.
- Provide detailed proactive and reactive prospect research on individuals, companies, and foundations to the Major Gifts team.
- Prepare briefing notes, backgrounders, and profiles for cultivation and stewardship.
- Identify major gift prospects and analyze their prospect potential, affiliations, personal interests, giving capacity, and philanthropic inclination to support Seneca’s priorities.
- Participate in media monitoring and the distribution of relevant information to fundraisers.
- Minimum completed three (3) year diploma in Marketing and Communications, Fundraising Management, or related field. If education is in a related field, please state how it is relevant.
- Minimum two (2) years of progressively responsible fundraising experience.
- Experience using a customer relationship management or donor management system.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle preferred.
- Strong tact and excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in order to collaborate with various members of the College and external stakeholders.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Great attention to detail and analytical skills, with an interest in process improvement.
- Exemplary time management and organization skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks independently, meet deadlines and prioritize assignments.
- Commitment to and understanding of the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please apply using the following link: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SENECOLL4&cws=42&rid=3298