Major Gifts & Fundraising Specialist
Extraordinarily capable and congenial person to lead fund raising for our successful Canadian tree planting organization. $75,000-$100,000 plus generous additions. Tell us why it is you!
The Major Gifts & Fundraising Specialist will report to the Executive Director, and in the absence of an Executive Director, to the President of the Board, and will provide direction to the Campaign Coordinator and collaborate with a multitude of partners. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with both established and prospective donors and other stakeholders. The primary goals are to spearhead efforts to raise the necessary funds needed to increase the number of trees planted and continue helping to build meaningful partnerships.
Develop and act as lead on a specific roster of major gift donors and prospects of approximately, as well as the development and oversight of overall donor strategy at all levels, with a goal of at least $1M annually raised annually. Specific tasks include:
– Develop and execute annual strategic plans for all fundraising activities
– Identify new prospects and determine strategies for each
– Prepare funding applications
– Provide budget input and analysis with regard to fundraising
– Steward and retain existing donors
– Prepare impact reports for donors
– Advise and support Board members, Executive Director on necessary fundraising actions
– Provide counsel and advice to the Campaign Coordinator on donation processing: coordinating thank you letters, tracking gifts and regular reporting
– Work with the team to provide additional input (as required) on the creation and updating of promotional materials, including pitch materials, advertising, editorials, website/social media content, monthly e-newsletters and more
– Post-secondary education in fundraising, business, communications or related field
– Minimum of 5 years relevant experience required
– Strong verbal and written communications skills
– Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
– Access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel locally is required.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com