Manager, Advancement and Alumni Engagement
Position Title: Manager, Advancement and Alumni Engagement
Applicant Deadline: Thursday July 6, 2023
Do you want to work for an organization where people care about each other? We are seeking an energetic, passionate Manager, Advancement and Alumni Engagement to foster a culture of philanthropy within CCNM. Reporting to the CFO, this role consults with institutional stakeholders to define the organization’s advancement and philanthropic mission and direction. The incumbent will provide vital input on advancement and alumni engagement in strategic and operational planning and positioning within the organization.
The Manager, Advancement and Alumni Engagement will be responsible for:
- Creating and executing CCNM’s strategic fundraising plans for major and planned gifts, annual fund and giving, alumni engagement program, as well as industry campaigns and sponsorship
- Developing and monitoring relevant policies and standards
- Planning and implementation of fundraising events, projects and programs that meet current and future financial objectives for CCNM
- Building relationships both internally and externally that includes industry partners, donors, employees and alumni
- Consults with institutional stakeholders to define the organization’s advancement and philanthropic mission and direction.
- Provides vital input on advancement and alumni engagement in strategic and operational planning and positioning within the organization
- Planning, coordinating and assuring implementation of strategies to develop donors and contributions that support CCNM as well as maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources
- Provides daily supervision to staff including volunteers and consultants by determining workloads and schedules
- Undergraduate or graduate degree/diploma from an accredited university, college or equivalent (corporate wellness, fundraising, database management, commerce, business administration, public relations, non-profit management, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in fundraising and sponsor/donor management and event coordination
- Proven track record of securing philanthropic gifts
- Demonstrated ability and experience developing grant/program funding proposals to government, foundations, corporate and private funders.
- Experience using a fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge)
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Highly developed computer literacy in all range of administrative support programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access, specifically with database management
- Previous sales, relationship management and negotiating experience
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Superior research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels orally and in writing, and to network and develop business relationships
- Exceptional planning, project management, Organizational, time management and event coordination skills
- Strong relationship management skills focused on the cultivation and stewardship of current and prospective donors
At CCNM, we take pride in adopting a flexible work policy, where our employees have the opportunity to work both remotely and on-site. Each employee’s flexible work schedule will be determined by the Manager and is based on the department’s operation needs.
To Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department – Email: email@example.com
On the cover letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, and your salary expectations. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), established in 1978, is Canada’s premier, pan Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver area known as the Boucher Campus. Its graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors.
CCNM welcomes individuals who have demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will partner with us in expanding our EDI capacity. We encourage applications from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous Peoples, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as women and/or LGBTQ2SIA+.
CCNM is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. This document can be made available in an alternate format upon request.