Manager, Advancement Services
A leading International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls, Branksome Hall challenges and inspires students to love learning and shape a better world. With our Values of Sense of Community, Inclusiveness, Creativity and Making a Difference, we encourage students to push boundaries, unleash their imagination and to explore creative solutions to challenges of all sizes and scopes. The world is ever-changing and Branksome Hall places innovation at the forefront in preparing our students for the future and as influential, confident leaders.
Branksome Hall is seeking a strategic, experienced Manager, Advancement Services to work collaboratively as a member of the Advancement and Community Engagement (ACE) team.
Driven by the desire to help our fundraising and community initiatives grow and thrive, the Manager will proactively lead ACE data services and provide leadership for key functions including data management, reporting, effective use of Raiser’s Edge and related integrations, and gift processing.
Reporting to the Director, Campaign and Development and working alongside of team of 13, the Manager will be efficient and methodical, appreciating the crucial role good data plays in the ongoing and future success of advancement activities. Business-minded and highly relational, the new Manager will take pride delivering excellent support and guidance to their ACE colleagues and to the greater school community.
This is an exciting time for a talented and creative professional, who is open to new possibilities and committed to making a difference, to join a world-renowned educational community.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Data Management & Reporting
- Lead the creation, documentation, and improvement of business processes related to data management and gift processing.
- Create, update, and maintain overall systems for Raiser’s Edge, including but not limited to the effective set up and maintenance of database codes, accuracy of donor and prospect information, ensuring accurate soft credit and pledge input.
- Manage the integration and ongoing imports and exports of data between Raiser’s Edge and the school’s database.
- Extract data using queries and exports from Raiser’s Edge to support the strategic objectives of the ACE team.
- Develop reporting and analytical tools that provide relevant and timely data to identify trends and metrics to optimize operations and revenues related to the Campaign and other fundraising initiatives.
- Develop and lead periodic training for the ACE team on current and new applications of Raiser’s Edge including reports and queries.
- Work collaboratively with ACE colleagues to identify creative ways to use data to support current and future department goals and objectives.
- Process online and offline gifts from donors and generate gift acknowledgement letters, tax receipts, and pledge reminders while ensuring compliance with CRA regulations.
- Manage and coordinate monthly reconciliation and annual audit requests with the Finance department.
- Progressive database management experience, ideally in the non-profit sector.
- Strong technology skills, Raiser’s Edge and RENXT experience, as well as proficiency in MS office applications and the Google Suite.
- Understanding of Financial Edge along with Blackbaud NetCommunity experience would be considered an asset.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proven ability analyzing and summarizing complex data in a variety of formats and creating clear, concise reports for end users.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with internal and external stakeholders and manage multiple time-sensitive priorities and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic, proactive thinker who is able to make recommendations to improve processes and results.
- Positive and can-do approach to decision-making and problem-solving.
For More Information
KCI (Ketchum Canada Inc.) has been retained by Branksome Hall to conduct this search.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Samantha David, Associate Vice President, KCI Search + Talent at BHManager@kcitalent.com
The deadline for candidate submissions is March 18, 2022. Please email resume and letter of interest to the email address above.
Please note candidate submissions will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be interviewed on an ongoing basis.
To view the full Position Brief please visit www.kcitalent.com.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Branksome Hall is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with (dis)abilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas, and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.