Manager, Alumni Relations
Date Posted: 05/02/2023
Req ID: 31021
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Pharmacy
Department: Faculty of Pharmacy
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00044359
With nearly 1,000 undergraduate and over 140 graduate students walking the halls of our iconic building, the University of Toronto’s Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy is a recognized global leader in the fields of pharmacy education and research. Together, we are moving science and health through a focus on excellence and innovation.
With over 180 faculty members including researchers, clinician scientists, clinical educators and community, hospital and affiliated experts, we are the top faculty of pharmacy in Canada and ranked among the top globally. We are committed to offering leading-edge pharmacy education programs and driving innovation and discovery in the pharmaceutical sciences. Our scientists are catalysts for the discovery of novel therapeutic targets, new drugs, medical devices, diagnostic tests and new solutions to provide the safest, most effective and affordable therapies for patients and methodologies to foster pharmacy practice excellence.
Visit us at www.pharmacy.utoronto.ca to find out more about the incredible work being done.
Reporting the Director of Advancement, the Manager of Alumni Relations is responsible for the strategic development, effective implementation, tracking and measurement of innovative programs and communication strategies as well as volunteer initiatives aimed at increase the engagement of the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy’s current alumni in support of the mission and strategic objectives of our Faculty. The incumbent will proactively collaborate with the Department of University Advancement and Marketing and Communications colleagues to amplify and expand engagement and communication opportunities available to Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy alumni to increase alumni participation in events and engagement to meet key metrics.
The incumbent is accountable for creating sustainable strategies that measurably increase alumni engagement by ensuring that all programming aligns and integrates with the Faculty’s overall alumni engagement strategy and supports integrated communications. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the strategic development, executionand measurement of alumni engagement programs and events. The incumbent is responsible for analyzing the success and impact of these initiatives and events and for adjusting as required, based on results. Other key responsibilities include all aspects ofprogram development and management, including comprehensive internal and external communications planning, handling expenses for events, positive relationship management with alumni and volunteers, and issues management as they arise.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing components of programs and initiatives that advance strategic objectives
- Conceptualizing, organizing and executing event activities and conducting post-event evaluation, analysis and recommendations for changes
- Developing and implementing alumni engagement activities that support strategic objectives
- Conducting complex analysis and evaluative techniques to determine trends/patterns and make recommendations to senior university officials
- Building and strengthening relationships with stakeholders and partners of strategic importance
- Promoting alumni engagement opportunities to academic units, graduating students, industry partners and alumni
- Leading the recruitment process of alumni volunteers
- Directing the activities of a single ongoing staff-appointed employee
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in alumni relations, or a substantially related field.
- Demonstrated experience in aligning alumni relations objectives to the academic goals of higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in tactfully managing relationships with stakeholders across all levels of an organization within a highly matrixed organization.
- Experience with conceptualizing, managing and executing all aspects of large-scale events.
- Superior project management and relationship-building skills.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, with a strong ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors as well as build and maintain long-term relationships.
- A high level of integrity, donor confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information, tasks, and relationships.
- Proven organizational skills, ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities, manage multiple projects concurrently, and complete work in required time frames.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams and design processes to leverage and integrate alumni relations programming to achieve development objectives.
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, relationship management software (Arbor or equivalent), scheduling software, email and Internet applications.
- Advanced analytical skills, including the ability to assess data from multiple sources and us it to guide decision-making.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in social media management, content management systems.
- Professional presentation, demeanor and confident; able to establish credibility and trust quickly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with higher education environment.
- Familiarity with Arbor or similar CRM database.
- Experience with and knowledge of fundraising for health-related causes.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Goal oriented
- Possess a positive attitude
NOTE: This is a twelve (12) month term position.
Closing Date: 05/16/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Term
Schedule: Full-Time NOTE: This is a twelve (12) month term position
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 15 — $86,011 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $109,993. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Blythe Campbell
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.