Manager, Annual Giving
Who We Are
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity, established in 1873. The Society and its network of communities facilitate and provide for province-wide leadership on matters relating to the prevention of cruelty to animals and the promotion of animal well-being. Offering a variety of mission-based programs, including community-based sheltering, animal wellness services, provincial animal transfers, shelter health & wellness, high-volume spay/neuter services, animal rescue, animal advocacy, Indigenous partnership programs and humane education, the Ontario SPCA is Ontario’s animal charity.
Working together we can make a difference in the lives of countless animals in need.
Position: Do you have a strategic mind and a love for annual giving? Do you want to change the lives of countless animals? We are seeking a highly motivated and results driven Manager of Annual Giving to lead the planning, strategy and oversight of our annual giving programs. This role focuses on raising funds through traditional channels of direct mail and telemarketing and ensures an integrated multi-channel approach for all donor campaigns through collaboration with our Manager of Digital Fundraising. This role also supports the cultivation and stewardship of prospective future donors and existing donors and has one direct report.
Location: This hybrid role is based out of our Provincial Office location in Stouffville, ON with the ability to work primarily remote.
A Typical Day
- Creating campaign briefs for all direct mail campaigns.
- Managing all aspects of the direct mail fundraising budget, including projections, calendarization and expense approvals.
- Supervising and directing the work of our Annual Giving Coordinator.
- Supporting the growth of Monthly Giving program through integration of conversion strategies for monthly donors into direct mail and tele-fundraising.
- Planning of direct marketing strategies that aim to prospect and cultivate legacy leads and donors
- Stewardship of our Adopters, Donors and Spay/Neuter clients through oversight and implementation of phone and mail initiatives.
- Convert clients and adopters into donors and adoption ambassadors.
- Reporting back on and celebrating success with our diverse team of passionate animal lovers.
Why You Should Join Our Team?
- Be part of a collaborative and energetic team environment with others who share your passion for animal well-being!
- Competitive compensation package including family medical, dental and vision benefits
- Hybrid work environment (remote and onsite)
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Paid sick time
- 3 weeks vacation after 3 years of service
- Onsite parking
Do You Have What it Takes?
- University/College degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience in non-profit direct marketing
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Must have open availability including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Studies have shown that some candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications for a role. Even if you can only say “yes” to some of the qualifications above, if you’re a passionate fundraiser who loves animals, we still want to hear from you!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director of Annual Giving
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote “Mgr. Annual Giving” in the subject line.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society provides accommodation during all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please advise us if you are contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society has a Covid-19 vaccination policy in place for all employees and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Valid medical accommodation will be taken into consideration on an individual basis.