Manager, Annual Giving
Manager Annual Giving, Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a key member of the Resource Development department’s Individual Philanthropy team, the Manager, Annual Giving, will play a lead role in executing the strategy to acquire and retain new monthly and one-time giving donors. Reporting to the Director, Individual Philanthropy, the Manager, Annual Giving will lead the implementation of a new multi-year growth strategy for the mass-market and mid-level segments, including donor acquisition and retention initiatives through digital channels to ensure financial targets are achieved.
The successful candidate enjoys contributing to a fast-paced team focused on learning, continuous growth, and development. You have fundraising or sales experience and are a committed partnership-builder with strong communication skills. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues and leveraging internal expertise to develop, maintain, and enhance positive relationships with Pathways’ corporate partners. You are dedicated to achieving fundraising goals to creating positive social impact for young people across Canada.
What You’ll Do
• Identify new growth strategies; develop plans to reach growth targets; ensure ongoing testing and program optimization (adjusting budget allocation from low-performing to high-performing areas as required).
• Operationalize a multi-channel digital fundraising strategy to grow the mass market and mid-level donor segments.
• Manage the development and ongoing improvement of acquisition and retention programs across digital and offline channels.
• Identify and work towards shared revenue targets and measures of success. Monitor performance analytics and adapt plans based on results.
• Support vendor selection process through identification of requirements, development of RFP’s and selection process as required. Manage relationships with external vendors.
• Manage the acquisition budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers to ensure cost effectiveness. Track and report on return on investment
What You Bring
• 5 years’ experience in growing annual fundraising programs at a charity.
• Proven success in setting, meeting or exceeding acquisition and fundraising targets through online and offline tactics.
• Experience managing relationships with agencies and vendors to support growth and reach fundraising goals.
• Data savvy: Experience using CMS and CRM systems for data management (Blackbaud and HubSpot experience preferred) and other reporting and analytics tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to develop working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Proven and effective project management skills and proficiency in workflow planning.
• Training or certification in a related discipline such as digital marketing, fundraising, sales or the equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Ability to work some evening and weekends as required.
• Demonstrates strong commitment to Pathways to Education’s Mission, Vision and Values.
What We Offer
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
• A collaborative work environment with a culture of innovation.
• Opportunities for learning and professional development.
• Competitive salary.
• Generous vacation and health benefits package.
• Group RRSP program.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Manager Annual Giving’ to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on March 3, 2023. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse work environment, one that is inclusive of different races, ethnic origin, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ages, family status, disability status, and intersectional identities. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and advise us of any accommodations or supports needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Pathways is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its staff, visitors, and community partners. Accordingly, to be considered for employment with Pathways, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with provincial guidelines, and provide proof of such vaccination at any time during the recruitment process as required by Pathways, subject to accommodations necessary pursuant to the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms, the Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Pathways will comply with all applicable privacy legislation.