Manager, Annual Giving and Community Engagement
About Red Door
Red Door is a non-for-profit organization. The mission of the Red Door Shelter is to end homelessness for each family that comes through our doors by providing a safe, temporary refuge and critical services to support them in healing, rebuilding their lives and integrating back into a community. At Red Door, we strive for quality care, advocacy, collaboration, integrity, and accountability.
We are seeking a Manager, Annual Giving and Community Engagement, to provide leadership and oversight relating to the Red Door Family Shelter’s annual giving program as well as grow our community-centred fundraising partnerships and third-party events both in-person and virtual. Responsibilities will be focused on an integrated annual giving plan that includes direct mail, e-solicitations and communications, tribute and monthly giving as well as retaining and recruiting new partners to organize community giving initiatives. This new position will include coaching, leading and supporting 2 fundraising coordinators in achieving annual giving goals and objectives and reports to the Senior Fund Development Manager.
- Contribute to the growth of the Fund Development team through mentorship, sharing of fundraising best practices, and commitment to fundraising excellence.
- Coach and lead a team of two fundraising coordinators.
- Lead the implementation of Annual Giving Plan using an integrated marketing approach – direct mail, email marketing communications and digital fundraising strategies for single and recurring gifts.
- Collaborate with database management coordinator, to oversee data management and uphold donor-centric best practices in fundraising stewardship.
- Recommend and implement creative stewardship programs, communication tools and activities to grow and/or streamline the current portfolio of recognition activities.
- Research and lead community giving tactics to engage service clubs, employee groups, RDFS friends and families and RDFS vendors in fundraising. Includes drafting proposals and outreach materials in collaboration with Fundraising and Communications Coordinator.
- Optimize online and offline 3rd party experience; support and engage 3rd party event organizers.
- Coordinates details associated with major fundraising event – Coldest Night of the Year winter walk – including venue research, logistical planning, and community outreach and engagement.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- College Diploma, University degree or combination of related education and experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of related fundraising experience including oversight of direct mail and digital fundraising campaigns.
- Strong project management, execution skills and attention to detail and ability to work under deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, build, mentor, and retain a motivated and fulfilled staff team who are strongly aligned to mission and are growing to achieve their own professional potential
- Demonstrated ability to manage community and annual giving portfolios
- Driven and results-oriented in achieving fundraising goals
- Experience developing integrated direct marketing programs for multichannel asks with a strong background in direct mail and digital engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with donors, volunteers, 3rd party event organizers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and experience with digital communications
- Strong technological skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and a solid knowledge of database management (eTapestry or similar CMS)
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal strengths
- Solid planning skills, a strategic orientation and creative problem-solver
- Proven ability to work independently and thrive as part of a dynamic team
How To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and résumé via web link provided below:
Note: Interview process will be initiated for suitable candidates as soon as possible after receiving the application.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
1.) All Red Door employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Red Door’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
2.) A successful candidate will be required to clear vulnerable sector screening.
The Red Door is an equal opportunity agency and encourages applications from all those who wish to apply. We especially welcome those who have lived experiences and affinities that align with our clients in order to best represent their interests, including women-identifying people, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, Black, Indigenous, people of colour (BIPOC), newcomers to Canada, those who have experience with homelessness and violence, and those with disabilities. Regrettably, we are not fully wheelchair accessible at our main office or our Violence Against Women shelter.