Manager Annual Giving & Partnerships
Are you motivated by the opportunity to join an ambitious, growing team and develop fundraising programs that empower individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families to fully participate in their communities? If so, we encourage you to apply.
Geneva Centre for Autism Foundation (GCAF) is the fundraising arm of the Geneva Center for Autism (GCA). GCAF’s purpose is to raise funds that open the door for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder to live, learn and engage in their communities. The GCAF supports programming, education, and training initiatives offered through the GCA.
The Manager, Annual Giving and Partnerships is responsible for implementing a comprehensive fundraising and partnership strategy for the GCA Foundation. The mandate will be to significantly increase annual giving by building and sustaining relationships with current and prospective donors. The successful candidate will take the initiative to grow our fundraising portfolio through teamwork, creativity, thoughtful data management, and keen interest in supporting the GCA’s mission, vision and values.
The Manager, Annual Giving and Partnerships will bring a strong background in planning, organizing, event management, and working with individual donors, corporate sponsors, and 3rd party partners.
Overall you will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of new and existing individual donors; growing relationships; cultivating and soliciting philanthropic support to achieve annual fundraising targets
- Developing and tracking proposals; drafting reports and presentations
- Participating in the development of goals and strategies to meet revenue objectives; being accountable to those goals
- Supporting event planning, coordination and logistics either as event lead or as part of an event committee
- Collaborating with Foundation team members on event sponsorship solicitation strategies and plans
- Designing and implementing annual fundraising direct response campaigns, working closely with Marketing and Communications to ensure org-wide continuity and outreach
- Ensuring donor data integrity in relevant areas, supporting reconciliation activities with the Finance Department, and ensuring completion of tax receipting and stewardship obligations
- Working with Marketing and Communications and the Foundation team to ensure strategic goals and objectives are incorporated into all marketing and communication activities
- Identifying new prospective donors through research, outreach and discovery calls
What you bring to the role:
- Post secondary diploma at a recognized College or University in a related field of study
- A minimum of 6 years direct fundraising experience including but not limited to engaging new prospects, event management, and direct response campaigns, ideally in a small to medium sized charity
- A high comfort level working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency tax receipting rules and guidelines
- Excellent relationship building, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a process and data-driven team environment
- Creativity and ability to take initiative with regards to systems and processes that support GCAF operations
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint)
- Proven experience with Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce or other donor/CRM database
- Can provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
- Willing to submit to an Enhanced Police Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Willingness and ability to travel, as required (valid driver’s license required)
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP contributions
- Flexible/Remote work arrangements
- Generous vacation entitlements
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization in which values, behaviours, systems and structures are in place to facilitate equal access to service and employment. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Postings during COVID-19
Following the advice of government and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19, employees in non-client facing positions have been equipped to work from home temporarily. All recruiting activities including interviews and onboarding may be conducted virtually or in person. To protect the health and safety of our staff and clients, the GCA requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination upon hiring.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume stating salary expectations to email@example.com with “Manager Annual Giving and Partnerships” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.