Manager, Annual Giving & Stewardship
At Jack.org, this is what we do.
At Jack.org, we support a national network of young leaders as they work to revolutionize mental health in their communities. While COVID-19 has surely impacted the way that we do things, our work is not slowing down. Our network of 3,000 (and counting!) young people across Canada are as busy as ever, and our staff of 90 humans and 3 dogs are working just as hard
Over the past few years, Jack.org has pivoted its programming to respond to the global crisis. Now more than ever, they must reach and support young people’s mental health across Canada. And they are in a strong position to do so: they have committed donors, a financial reserve, new leadership and a high-performing team eager to tackle the challenges in front of them and continue their exceptional growth.
Reporting to the Director, Individual Giving, this role will oversee all aspects of the Annual Giving portfolio (including mid-level giving, monthly giving, direct mail, telemarketing, and tribute giving) and all relevant tactics, as well as the stewardship strategy for the development department and all donors. The successful candidate will strengthen Jack.org’s overall fundraising efforts through best-in-class stewardship design and execution.
The Manager, Annual Giving and Stewardship plays a vital role in driving revenue for the organization with an annual target of $1M. This position is responsible for meeting fundraising targets and performance metrics within their portfolio and acts as the primary link between the annual giving programs, marketing team, and the broader organization. The main focus of this role is to support the development pipeline by strategically leveraging annual giving programs to enhance the constituent journey. As a result, the Manager, Annual Giving and Stewardship is instrumental in feeding the moves management process, which is critical to maintaining a healthy development pipeline.
Job responsibilities include:
Direct Response / Integrated Campaign Planning & Execution (30%)
- In partnership with our fundraising agency, develop and execute an annual giving strategy, focusing on individual donors (special attention to monthly and mid-level donors), and including a recognition and renewal/upgrade plan for all.
- Accountable for achieving direct response revenue targets, growth and retention strategies with existing individual donors and opportunities to forge new donor relationships.
- Manage expense budgets for integrated campaigns, and liaise with other departments for indirect budget management (e.g. Advertising budget with Marketing Dept)
- Collaborate internally the Programs, Operations, Marketing teams for adherence to brand guidelines, storytelling, youth engagement and data integrity
- Act as a subject matter expert on integrated campaigns for mass market, lead generation and acquisition, and conversion from OTG to Monthly, Legacy and Major Giving streams
- Identify opportunities to grow the annual program by analyzing market opportunities and donor trends
- Understand and harness data to optimize campaigns; this includes database management, data integrity, segmentation strategy, and an understanding of the donor base
Donor Cultivation and Solicitation (30%)
- Discovery and cultivation of mid-level campaign donors and planned giving leads from direct response campaigns
- Collaborate with Prospect Researcher and Sr. Manager, Major Donors to move qualified prospects through the donor journey using moves management
- Build connections with and develop a portfolio of donor prospects across Canada that have the ability and affinity to give to youth mental health
- Prepare regular Impact Reports for monthly & mid-level donors
Stewardship & Communications (30%)
- Plan and develop donor journey strategy for all donors types at Jack.org, developing relevant segmented communications and full-year communications strategy in collaboration with Content & Communications team
- Accountable for a comprehensive stewardship strategy to support the organization’s fundraising efforts; Develop strong, donor-centered messages for use in all areas of every portfolio and advise colleagues on how to integrate this messaging across the board.
- Accountable to ensure regular, high quality and engaging communications with donors and supporters about the impact of their contributions and continually works to find new and interesting ways to do this in order to promote donor retention.
- Accountable for the design and execution of all aspects of an annual in-person Donor Stewardship Event, including venue, food/beverage, speaking notes, decor and guest communications
- Act as an advisor for best-in-class stewardship across the Development department
Planning and Administration (10%)
- Support Director in annual budget and planning process
- Support the development and execution of organizational priority campaigns and initiatives.
- Maintain an up-to-date and deep knowledge of Jack.org programs, leadership and projects for discussion with donors and prospects.
- Ensure that the Salesforce database is kept updated with accurate information on major donors and campaign prospects for weekly reporting.
We’re looking for someone who:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma with a focus in fundraising, marketing, sales, or other applicable disciplines
- Five (5+) plus years’ of relevant work experience in fundraising or marketing in the corporate or not-for–profit sector with experience in Direct Response fundraising and a proven track record of achieving revenue goals
- Excellent natural relationship building/management skills both internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience in integrated campaign planning
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to work independently in a hybrid environment while at the same time ensuring collaboration and teamwork.
- A creative approach to cultivation and stewardship.
- Entrepreneurial minded with the able to navigate complex situations
- Experience with Salesforce or relational databases and donor database report tracking to ensure appropriate prospect/donor documentation.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, G-Suite)
We would love it if you had (Ideal, but not a must):
- French speaking, an asset
What’s in it for you?
- A full-time, permanent position; $65,000 – $80,000 per annum (base salary)
- Competitive compensation: 3 weeks vacation plus 2 additional weeks (Jack.org has a mandatory company-wide break for a week in July and December) and a comprehensive benefits package, including $2,000 of annual coverage for mental health services
- The chance to join a fun, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment and an organization with a strong growth mandate that embraces innovation and new ideas have an energizing company culture, forward-thinking leadership and an incredible upward trajectory.
- A trust-based culture with unlimited sick days, flex hours, and an emphasis on the results delivered over the hours worked.
- Working for an employee-focused organization that supports professional development and will invest time and money into your personal growth
How to apply:
If you’re the person we’re looking for, apply with your cover letter and resume (PDF format preferred). We will accept applications on an ongoing basis – since we will consider applications as they come in, don’t delay! The successful candidate must be available to start by September 2023 (open to starting even earlier).
While the work involves supporting a network of youth in all provinces and territories, this position is at the Jack.org headquarters in downtown Toronto. Our staff works under a hybrid model, with the flexibility to work from home or the office. You may be required to go into the office occasionally, depending on your role and jack.org operational needs.
A diverse team with various skills and abilities will inspire creativity and drive innovation in our organization. We are committed to building a team representative of different backgrounds and perspectives, and we encourage applications from all candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, people of colour, people from LGBTQ2S+ and disabilities communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At jack.org we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, authentic, and accountable workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the ideal candidate we are looking for.
Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process. Accommodation requests can be made by contacting email@example.com.
Thanks for applying! 💙