Manager, Capital Campaign
World Vision Canada’s Capital Campaign team is responsible for leading the successful planning and implementation of the largest capital campaign in World Vision Canada’s history, which will make a lasting difference on the lives of millions of children and communities and help establish World Vision as Canada’s #1 impactful charity.
As a valued member of the Philanthropy & Partnerships team, the Manager, Capital Campaign will play a leading role in the project management and successful operationalization and implementation of World Vision Canada’s capital campaign.
The Manager will be responsible for leading the development of the project plan and providing ongoing management of the campaign’s project plan in coordination with World Vision Canada teams. S/he will play an active role in developing an operational strategy and ensuring that campaign milestones are being met and work is integrated into World Vision Canada’s operational and planning processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Play an active role working with the Head of Campaign, Philanthropy team and Campaign team members in implementing the campaign vision by working with World Vision Canada teams and stakeholders to develop the campaign’s project plan and provide ongoing management of the project to ensure milestones are being met.
- Support the Head of Campaign in defining, implementing and managing the campaign roadmap by providing overall project management of WVC’s capital campaign and ensuring that the systems, capabilities and processes needed to support the campaign’s success are being built.
- Work with World Vision International to coordinate WVC’s capital campaign plan within a globally coordinated capital campaign across the World Vision partnership.
- Manage the campaign backlog and drive innovation and work with WVC committees, teams and stakeholders to mitigate risks, remove roadblocks and help ensure that the campaign meets objectives and delivers organizational value.
- In collaboration with the Head of Campaign, define and maintain the campaign roadmap, growth opportunities, and key metrics based on delivering organizational value.
- Prioritize needs between scope, budget, and time, weighing priorities according to value delivered.
- Actively participate in regular meetings with Campaign and Philanthropy teams and members and organizational campaign planning committees, including responsibility for agendas, minutes and tracking and follow up on deliverables and action items for meetings that s/he is accountable for.
- Ensure integration of campaign activities within WVC BRP and Agile planning process
- Minimum 5 years combined experience in project management, fundraising and capital campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising and capital campaigns and experience working at a nonprofit.
- Exceptional skills in project management, with experience managing large, complex projects.
- University degree in a related discipline.
- Creative thinker with the ability to provide solutions that meet customer needs.
- Highly collaborative and comfortable with both high-level planning and tactical execution.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to excel in a dynamic environment while managing several projects simultaneously.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to realize maximum value.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions especially when needing to make trade-offs.
- Ability to handle criticisms and/or justify decisions and adept at navigating through conflicting priorities and turning ambiguity into clarity in a fast-changing environment.
- Experience creating detailed business cases to equip senior leadership for decision-making.
- Ability to manage financials and strategic execution (budgets, ROIs, resource allocation, and multiple concurrent projects).
- Able to navigate the organization and influence through indirect leadership and relationships.
- Embraces a non-hierarchical approach, modeling transparency, collaboration, and trust across the team.
- Other personal attributes: collaborative, inquisitive, ambitious, assertive, analytical, energetic, enthusiastic, confident, optimistic.