1 Full Time Position
Women’s College Hospital Foundation
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking an experienced communications professional with a love of writing and content development, to join our Marketing Communications and Donor Engagement team as Manager, Communications.
About Women’s College Hospital Foundation
We are revolutionizing healthcare. Side by side with our donors, community members, staff and medical teams, Women’s College Hospital Foundation (WCHF) raises, manages and invests funds to support Women’s College Hospital in its mission to revolutionize healthcare to ensure a more equitable and sustainable system. WCHF donors contribute generously to help fund equipment, research, and innovative clinical programs that address the unique needs of women and their families while working to close critical health gaps within the system.
A values-driven organization, respect, caring, integrity and partnership are core to who we are and we believe that authenticity and accountability strengthens all that we do. Fueled by our Triple Aim of Philanthropy, Partnerships and People, our vision is to be the charity of choice for advancing health for women in Canada and health system solutions for all.
Learn more about WCHF, visit: www.wchf.ca / @wchf
About Women’s College Hospital
Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is Canada’s leading independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital with a primary focus on the health of women. Founded in 1883 by Dr. Emily Stowe – a suffragist and the first Canadian woman licensed to practice medicine in Canada – our Hospital has earned its distinguished reputation through hard work, commitment, and a pioneering spirit of innovation.
Today, our ongoing achievements and our dedication to improving healthcare are building on that admirable legacy of leading-edge care and unparalleled caring. WCH opened the Hospital of the Future – a new, $555 million, state-of-the-art fully ambulatory facility – in fall 2015.
The opening of our new facility amplified our position as one of the most ground-breaking institutions in the world focused on advancing the health of women and pioneering health system solutions that benefit all people.
WCH is home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world focused on the health of women, and we are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto as one of Canada’s leading teaching hospitals.
Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital
Reporting to the Vice President, Communications and Brand, you are a key member of the Marketing Communications and Donor Engagement team and our principal storyteller. This role requires the nimbleness to project manage many different projects and once; be responsible for the professional growth and development of two direct reports; have the ability to write and communicate effectively and inspiringly across many communications mediums; and the creativity and strategic capability to advance the overall performance of the Foundation.
- Oversee the production of all publications including stewardship reports, newsletters, annual report and PowerPoint presentations
- Develop and manage WCHF’s digital strategy and execution of online marketing and digital communications (website, social media, e-mail communications
- Direct social media strategy to new levels of engagement and energy, defining the channels where the brand will live.
- Oversee editorial calendar and content development strategy
- Development of communications plan to support events such as the Shoppers Drug Mart Love. You. Run for Women, Women for Women’s and all Summits
- Coach and develop Communications Officer and Digital Communications Officer
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Editor for Women’s Now, a twice annual print and digital newsletter
- Editor for Enews, our monthly enewsletter
- Lead writer and for annual donor impact report
- Lead writer for speaking engagements, webinar content
- Writer for stewardship reports over $1M
- Lead writer for proposals over $1M, as needed
- Lead Script and storyboard writer for video
- Speaking notes, letters and other communications from the Office of the President and CEO
- Assist with content development for physician presentations for donor community
- Responsible for the sourcing and booking of speaking engagements (for Foundation events and externally for Foundation president)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of five to seven years related experience, ideally in a fundraising or marketing/agency environment;
- Excellent project management experience and skills
- An ability to multi-task with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and to work well under tight timelines or changes in priorities;
- Highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented;
- Experience managing direct reports
- Fully competent in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Familiarity with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Exceptional communication skills; experience writing for marketing and non-profit purposes;
- Proven knowledge of general marketing and public relations techniques and practices;
- Creativity and imagination;
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, on occasion
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers and external stakeholders in a collegial environment.
Salary range: $78,000 – $85,000. Eligibility for merit pay and comprehensive benefits including Healthcare Ontario Pension Plan enrollment.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter by Friday, July 8, 2022.
To submit your application, please CLICK HERE and click on the “I am Interested” button at the bottom of the page.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness department.
We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further considerations. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Foundation and Hospital community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our Access for People with Disabilities policy. Applicants are asked to make their requirements known in advance.