Manager, Corporate Engagement
Are you an innovative, high-energy fundraiser? Join our dynamic team and help us make a difference in the lives of children and youth across Canada! As part of the Partnerships & Philanthropy team, the Manager, Corporate Engagement will play a key role in establishing, growing, and maintaining a portfolio of corporate partners.
About BGC Canada
Community-based services. Positive relationships. Life-changing programs. As Canada’s largest child- and youth-serving charitable organization, BGC Canada provides vital programs and services to nearly 200,000 young people in 775 communities across Canada.
We provide safe, supportive places where all kids and teens, of all backgrounds, can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, and develop confidence and skills for life. From anti-racism to Reconciliation to LGBTQ2S+, food security to scholarships to job readiness, our Clubs battle systemic issues with systemic solutions—equity, acceptance, support, and opportunity.
And it works. 69% of alumni say a Club saved their life. We help increase academic performance and decrease risky behaviours. The kids and teens we serve tell us that we’ve helped them feel more confident, get along better with others, and make better choices for themselves.
Opportunity Changes Everything is our rallying cry and the foundation of BGC Canada’s recent rebranding. It embodies our goals:
- To become known as Canada’s leading champion of children and youth
- To provide more children and youth with a third place between the realities of home life and the pressures of school
- To nurture Canada’s next generation
If a young person needs it, BGC Clubs provide it.
BGC Canada’s National Team
BGC Canada’s national team provides Clubs with programs, communications, and resource development, and increases staff and volunteer capacity with leadership development and national forums for collaboration. We are a bilingual organization.
You are growth-oriented, keen to learn, and always thinking about where the next opportunities are. You have a track record in securing six-figure gifts and sponsorships and building new relationships and finding creative partnership solutions. In addition to building new relationships, you also have experience managing a portfolio of partners focused on retention, stewardship, annual reporting, acknowledgement, and recognition, ensuring they remain as rewarding for our partners as they are for us. You are a great partner to all our internal teams, with an excellent track record of inter-departmental cooperation and collaboration.
BGC Canada works in a federated model, and an understanding of this and our Clubs would be valuable.
About The Role
The Manager, Corporate Engagement will work as part of our highly nimble Partnerships & Philanthropy team, which operates in a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative environment. The incumbent will primarily manage a portfolio of corporate partners, which includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major corporate donors.
Working closely with the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement the incumbent will establish a plan for supporting new business development and successful stewardship of existing and renewal partners. As part of this, they will be a strong researcher, communicator and, importantly, relationship manager.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Building effective, meaningful, and equitable partnerships with Corporate Canada, in support of BGC Canada to fund mission-focused work, while also helping our partners achieve their goals consistent with our values
- Working closely with the Marketing team to ensure partners are engaged and recognized according to the BGC brand’s standards and the Corporation’s requirements
- Working innovatively to design corporate partner activations that support a partner’s ability to communicate the importance of their partnership with BGC Canada
- Participating in the development of marketing and communication materials to support corporate partnerships and brand enhancement of BGC Canada
- Preparing and presenting pitches and proposals
- Building relationships with BGC Clubs
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone with over five years of experience as a fundraising professional with knowledge and experience with corporate giving. The successful incumbent will have a proven record demonstrating the ability to assess market opportunities and translate them into actionable strategies necessary to achieve our important revenue objectives.
In addition to being passionate about supporting issues that affect children and youth across Canada, some basics we will also look for include:
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Proactive self-starter who works collaboratively and communicates effectively, and is also comfortable initiating projects and working independently
- Very strong presentation and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively
- Experience in the full spectrum of corporate giving
- Familiarity with fundraising software and technology, including donation platforms, and donor databases (particularly Fundraise Up and Salesforce, respectively, are assets)
- A demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in a highly effective manner
- Ability to adapt to a demanding and changing work environment, handle multiple tasks, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines
- French language skills are a strong asset
- A friendly demeanour, a positive attitude, and a team-oriented approach
- Solid computer skills with working knowledge of Canva, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office
Hybrid Working Environment
BGC Canada’s National Team has embraced the hybrid working model. When working from home, the incumbent must have their own dedicated workspace where they can work comfortably and focus on their tasks. The candidate is expected to come into the Toronto office, ideally once a week, for collaboration purposes and will also attend in-person meetings with partners and prospects in the Toronto area. BGC Canada will provide the necessary technology required to work efficiently.
How to Apply
We would like to hear from you if you are interested in this role. Please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@bgccan.com and include “Manager, Corporate Engagement – YOUR NAME” in the subject line of your e-mail.
BGC Canada is committed to building an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences, and supports the full participation of all employees. We welcome applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2S & LGBTQIA+ persons, and any other persons. We offer accommodations to applicants who require them throughout our hiring process, upon request.
As leaders in vaccination education, BGC Canada requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ against COVID-19 is based on the public health requirements for a vaccine passport (or similar official evidence) in the jurisdiction of the employee’s residence. The successful applicant will need to provide proof of vaccination.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
This is a full-time, permanent role. The starting salary range is $70,000, plus excellent benefits. Starting salaries are based on relevant experience related to the role within the posted salary band.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023