Manager, Corporate Giving
Habitat for Humanity Canada is a national charitable organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. We bring communities together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership and other housing solutions across Canada and around the world. With the help of volunteers, Habitat homeowners and 48 local Habitats working in every province and territory, we provide a solid foundation for better, healthier lives in Canada and around the world.
We deeply value our culture and colleagues, and we have collaboratively created the following vision statement: “We foster and build equity through affordable housing, by fully integrating diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Every individual involved with Habitat feels safe and encouraged to bring their whole selves to our mission and they know they are valued, heard, and respected.”
Habitat for Humanity Canada is looking for an accomplished fundraiser to join our Corporate fundraising team. Are you a go-getter, storyteller and relationship builder? As the Manager, Corporate Giving, you will be a leader on a team of passionate fundraisers who are committed to rallying corporate Canada around the cause of affordable housing.
The Manager will also be responsible for working with the Director, Corporate and Major Giving on the strategic development, management, and delivery of all corporate development efforts to acquire new corporate partners, engage in high-level stewardship of existing partners, and enhance fundraising/sponsorship initiatives and properties.
As a valued member of our team, you will help advance our strategy and mission of helping more families to secure safe and affordable homes through your efforts to:
- FUNDRAISE: Achieve personal and team fundraising targets with proactive and prioritized prospecting of corporate and major gift donors. Acquire new national gifts and renew existing national gifts from corporate partners. Design and implement effective solicitation strategies that will identify and acquire high-potential national donors. Liaise with Partner Stewardship team on effective stewardship strategies that will strengthen relationships with donors and uncover opportunities to grow these partnerships. Develop briefing materials, cases for support, proposals, presentations, and gift agreements.
- PLAN & REPORT: Develop, implement and evaluate personal and team fundraising plans in line with established targets, team plan and strategic organizational objectives. Continuously ensure that the organization’s donor database management system (Raiser’s Edge Nxt) is reflective of all fundraising activities.
- MANAGE RELATIONSHIPS: Continually develop relationships with new and returning corporate partners. Grow a network of effective interpersonal relationships with national staff, local Habitats and other stakeholders to achieve shared fundraising objectives. Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to solicit gifts for federation-wide priorities.
- ADVOCATE: Effectively and accurately communicate and align Habitat for Humanity Canada’s mission, values and fundraising priorities within the interests and strategic objectives of national donors, always representing Habitat for Humanity Canada in a highly ethical and confidential manner. Conduct presentations and lead meetings with various internal and external stakeholders.
- COLLABORATE: Work with internal and external teams to build and execute various projects including, but not limited to, cause marketing initiatives, collateral materials, donor development strategies, sponsorship/partnership programs and other resources.
- DEVELOP PROFESSIONALLY: From time to time, participate in professional development opportunities and attend key charitable and donor-related events outside of regular office hours.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate development experience (ideally gained within the charitable sector) or related experience in sales, business development, or corporate partnerships with proven results.
- Post-secondary degree in relevant field or demonstrated equivalent working experience.
- Possess expert communication skills – written, oral and presentation including well developed networking ability with a proven capacity to establish new relationships easily.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and lead with confidence and trust amongst all stakeholders, including direct reports, acting ethically and responsibly in all interactions.
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrated record of problem-solving and priority-setting in a fast paced, complex and evolving environment.
- Results and achievement-oriented personality with high degree of initiative, and comfort with analytics and financial goals.
- Effective at developing positive internal stakeholder relations including the ability to influence without authority.
- Eager to drive and share knowledge of best practices in sponsorship fundraising and corporate partnerships.
- Interest in and dedication to Habitat Canada’s mission, with ability to passionately articulate key messages and demonstrate an understanding of the organization’s work.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office and other relevant software programs, experience with Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle would be an asset.
$70,000 – $85,000
Throughout your interview process, we’ll learn more about your skills and experience and determine your starting salary based on what you bring to the team.
Please apply here. Applications must be received before 5pm EST on February 13, 2023.
Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis, and we therefore encourage early submissions.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Habitat, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Habitat for Humanity Canada will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable those with disabilities to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted (no phone calls please).