Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Are you passionate about empowering the next generation? Are you motivated by educating and inspiring young people to succeed? If you’re looking to develop a rewarding career in an impact-driven, youth-focused charity, we’d love to hear from you!
JA Central Ontario is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic Manager, Corporate Partnerships. The Manager, Corporate Partnerships role grows and deepens support from corporations, aligned in purpose with JA Central Ontario’s mission and strategic plan. Working closely with the other members of the Corporate & Community Partnerships Team, and the Director, Development.
This role will implement an integrated strategy that cultivates, secures, and stewards partnerships supporting all aspects of JA Central Ontario through corporate giving, workplace campaigns, sponsorship, and events.
This role focuses on the exceptional stewardship of existing corporate partners, enhancing their experience and supporting partner retention and growth goals. This role collaborates with the Senior Director in designing highly customized opportunities that deepen partner engagement.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Manage a portfolio of 20-30 local corporate partners achieving retention and growth targets.
- Manage all aspects of assigned corporate partners. This includes securing annual funding, providing outstanding stewardship and reporting on assigned suite of corporate partners.
- Working with the team, develop and implement a comprehensive partner stewardship communications plan.
- Write proposals and agreements for program funding and event sponsorships.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to corporate partners as required & lead partner meetings.
- Proactively deepen relationships within existing account base; create opportunities to develop new senior level relationships, engage members of JA Central Ontario Boards to assist in volunteer commitment and revenue growth.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director on a Partnerships Stewardship plan, and work alongside the Corporate & Community Partnerships team to ensure the plan is implemented.
COLLABORATION, COMMUNICATION, AND REPORTING
- Provide input to national reports and support Sr. Director with reporting.
- Collaborate with the Fund Development team to cross-cultivate new opportunities, monitoring and responding to trends.
- Partner with the Program team to develop and expand partnership offerings aligned with JA Central Ontario’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for data management of accounts and prospects via JA Central Ontario’s CRM platform, Salesforce/Causeview.
- Engage in the work of JA Central Ontario through program visits and event participation.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-Secondary Education (University or College) or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 3-5 years recent, related professional experience.
- Demonstrated success managing an existing group of corporate accounts, developing, and maintaining relationships within accounts & growing a revenue base.
- Experience in a charity, educational institution, or corporate social responsibility program environment.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
- A disciplined approach to work, ability to think strategically and manage multiple priorities with ease.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Exceptional team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and experience writing proposals for funding and sponsorships.
- Proficiency in technology (Windows Office 365, CRM system such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge).
- Understands that working in ambiguity and change is part of the job.
- An affinity for the JA mission, education, and youth development.
- Flexible to work occasional weekends and evenings.
The salary for this position begins at $58,000 and can be negotiated based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, professional development support, generous paid time-off, and an RSP program.
As JA Central Ontario is a youth-serving organization, offers of employment are conditional on the review of references and a Police Records Check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager, Corporate Partnerships in the subject line. Be sure to tell us what makes you a great candidate for this role and why you want to join JA. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
JA Central Ontario is an equal opportunity employer, who values the diversity of our employees and those we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation measures in the hiring process, please let us know in advance. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
JA Central Ontario is a charity on a mission to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a changing global economy. Working in Halton, Peel, Toronto, York, Durham, and Simcoe regions, we bridge the gap between education and the world of work, providing 30,000+ students in grades 3-12 with essential financial literacy, work-readiness, and entrepreneurship skills and experiences. A member of JA Canada and part of JA Worldwide, JA is the world’s largest not-for-profit dedicated to educating young people about business.