Title : Manager-Corporate Partnerships
Employee Working Location : Remote / Virtual (Toronto, ON)
Employment status : Permanent full time
Salary band : $70,691 – $88,364 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Manager-Corporate Partnerships to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be reporting into the Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, the incumbent will work as a member of the philanthropy team and support the implementation of an integrated corporate partnerships strategy that meets annual revenue requirements, in the Greater Toronto markets. Moreover, the incumbent will manage existing partnerships and actively pursue new corporate partners for core Red Cross program support. In addition, the incumbent will support disaster appeal (international and domestic) fund development activities, as required. Further, the incumbent will play a role as part of the national team in a coordinated and cross-functional manner to support philanthropy and the channel needs and projects as required.
In this role, you will :
- Strategically and compellingly align corporate partner priorities with those of the Canadian Red Cross
- Identify and qualify corporate supporters with capacity to give towards Canadian Red Cross programs
- Establish and implement cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship “moves management” strategies to maximize donation and sponsorship revenue
- Monitor key performance indicators for the channel, highlighting areas of growth and concern with suggested strategies
- Conduct prospect research, identification, and qualification, as well as maintains current knowledge of development trends (sponsorship, licensing, cause marketing and gift in-kind)
- Sales focused approach to portfolio growth with focus on stewardship and account management – Hunter (70%) and Farmer (30%)
- Prime in account management, evaluation, and implementation of strategic corporate partnerships
- In coordination with Associate Director develop and deliver compelling custom proposals, reporting and stewardship tools to partners and key prospects.
- Collaborate across channels on building and executing donor integrated strategies including joint solicitations
- Support national fundraising campaigns and works cross functionally with other channels
- Coordination with channel staff and internal marketing hubs for project management and delivery of donor facing assets and reporting tools
- Develop, prepare, and present briefing materials for channel or Philanthropy leadership as required
- Perform UNITY data entry, record maintenance, tracking and reporting needs as required
What we are looking for :
- The minimum qualifications for this job are post-secondary education and seven years of relevant fundraising experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in sales, sponsorship, marketing, business development and fundraising or equivalent combination of education and experience .
- CFRE or comparable designation or in progress an asset
- High level of proficiency and experience with fundraising software, preferably Blackbaud and/or other CRM system
- Proven productivity and collaboration computer skills including Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams
- Actively supports and adheres to the Values, Fundamental Principles, Mission, and Code of Conduct of the Canadian Red Cross and the RCRC Movement
- Adhere to implemented strategies to support social justice and diversity, in accordance with Society policies
- and procedures.
- Focus on achieving goals and objectives, and also how they are achieved
- Exceptional corporate partner servicing skill set and profound attention to detail/brand
- Cultivate respectful work environments
- Seek input and guidance from others
- Show confidence in the intention of others
- Weigh variables before making decisions within scope of role
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Act as an effective team player, doing his/her share of the work
- Thrive in both team and independent work settings
Working conditions :
- The majority of this work will be performed in a safe and clean environment.
- Travel may be required for meetings and training purposes.
- This position will require working non-traditional hours especially during times of disaster or appeal
- Access to a vehicle is required
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.