Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Sponsorship
TO Live has an opportunity for a Manager Corporate Partnerships & Sponsorship in its Development department.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in the performing arts world. We’re looking for someone with a proven business development history and sales record. If this person is you, have a look and put your name forward.
Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy & Sponsorship and serving as an integral member of the Development team, the Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Sponsorship, is responsible for developing and maintaining a robust portfolio of current and potential corporate partners.
Primary responsibilities include business development and executing programs and activations jointly created by TO Live and its corporate partners.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead strategies to expand TO Live’s family of corporate partners.
- Manage corporate prospects across the stages of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Maintain a sales-focused approach to portfolio growth, including but not limited to multi-year naming rights, venue partnerships, programming sponsors, and corporate hosting opportunities.
- Work with the Stewardship Coordinator to fulfill all corporate contracts, including stewardship, program activation, recognition, and benefits.
- Actively participate and engage with Senior Manager, Annual & Leadership Giving, to align sponsorship and philanthropic objectives, including priorities of the Toronto Live Foundation.
- Develop proposals and prospect lists for performance hosting packages in TO Live’s own season of programming, and manage performance hosting benefits and events for confirmed supporters.
- Work across the organization to identify, conceptualize, develop, and leverage TO Live’s offerings and assets. This includes overall sponsorship and recognition architecture, including media and other in-kind partners to the organization.
- Prepare stewardship packages and proposals with a thorough knowledge of TO Live’s ability to deliver client benefits.
- Candidates of interest will have strong communication skills and confidence in developing partnerships. You will also have previous experience working in the corporate or philanthropic world. If you have experience cultivating corporate donations and partnerships or working in major gifts, we would love to hear from you.
- 5 – 8 years of relevant experience, preferably working in the field of sponsorships, marketing, or sales.
- Experience working in the arts and culture sector and/or live event venue is an asset.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit environment.
- Skills include interpersonal, team building, negotiating, sales and collaboration.
- Ability to seek out and implement innovative fundraising and sales strategies.
- Have knowledge of state-of-the-art fundraising practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-project environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in hours and schedules and include work on nights and weekends as required.
- Lack of natural light in workplace.
- Travel between TO Live venues as required.
- Adhere to the TO Live Health & Safety policies and protocols including Covid vaccine and guidelines.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall, the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre. In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should apply through our TO Live careers website at: https://tolive.bamboohr.com/jobs/
No phone calls or emails please. TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together with the Toronto Public Service’s (TPS) initiatives, which TO Lives follows and adheres too, TO Live encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
We ask that you complete the questions provided as part of the online application to assist us in ensuring our recruitment process and programs are equitable and accessible. Your responses are voluntary and the information that you provide is strictly confidential.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.