Manager Development and Marketing
The Neighbourhood Group (TNG) is a multi-service agency that includes Central Neighbourhood House, Neighbourhood Link Support Services and St. Stephen’s Community House
|POSITION TITLE: Manager Development and Marketing
|DEPARTMENT: Philanthropy, Communications and Volunteers
|STATUS: Regular Full-Time, non-bargaining unit
|# HRS / WEEK: 35
|CONTRACT DATES: n/a
|REPORT TO: VP, Philanthropy, Communications and Volunteers
|HOURLY RATE: Commensurate with experience
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Neighbourhood Group Community Services (TNGCS) serves people at every stage of their lives, providing access to innovative and effective programs, and collaboratively building and advocating for an equitable, just, and vibrant community. The Manager Development and Marketing (Manager) reports to the Vice President Philanthropy, Communications and Volunteers (VP). The Manager operates with the lens of advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
The Manager, Development and Marketing, plans and coordinates annual fundraising activities and events, and facilitates and delivers marketing and communications opportunities and activities advancing programs and services across a broad range of needs facing marginalized populations. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the Volunteer Department across TNGCS.
- Execute direct marketing program for existing and prospective individual donors: direct mail appeals, digital appeals, monthly giving, social media appeals.
- Work closely with the department to identify prospects for monthly giving, major gifts, and planned gifts.
- Lead and/or assist with planning and implementation of special events such as iHeart Neighbourhood annual event, TNGCS Challenge annual event, and third-party/special events.
- Ensure stewardship of donors through prompt, appropriate acknowledgement, and receipting.
- Maintain the donor database in collaboration with the fundraising team.
- Identify and execute marketing opportunities to promote the organization that aligns with TNGCS’s mission and departmental plans.
- Create and deliver messaging that resonates with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to clients, volunteers, staff, and donors.
- Support website updates and social media channel content.
- Identify and act on media relations opportunities and produce news releases as appropriate. Receive approval from the VP prior to releases.
- Oversee the Volunteer Department and the supervision of the Volunteers & Special Events Coordinators who recruit, onboard, and manage approximately 300 active volunteers.
- Develop and maintain the stewardship and recognition program for volunteers with the VP and other department staff.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in: Fundraising, Not-for-Profit Management, Business, Communications, and/or other related areas of focus.
- Membership and professional development with Association of Fundraising Professionals is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience and demonstrated success in a fundraising and communications role in a comparable organization.
- Experience in staff performance measurement and management, training, and recruitment, along with the ability to recruit, oversee and work with volunteers.
- Proven expertise leading comprehensive direct marketing program(s) including direct mail, developing and delivering innovative digital and social media strategies, growing monthly giving.
- Proven expertise in planning and executing successful fundraising events.
- Experience developing effective partnerships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with donor database management systems and/or Customer Relationship Management software (CRM) with strong experience using data and reporting to drive recommendations and decision making. Experience with Raisers Edge NXT a definite asset.
TNG is committed to reflecting the communities we serve and to nurturing a respectful and inclusive work environment for all. We encourage qualified applicants of all ages, races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, gender identities, gender expression and sexual orientations to apply. Candidates invited for an interview are encouraged to inform Human Resources in confidence of their accommodation requirement.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org