Manager, Digital Fundraising
Who We Are
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity, established in 1873. The Society and its network of communities facilitate and provide for province-wide leadership on matters relating to the prevention of cruelty to animals and the promotion of animal well-being. Offering a variety of mission-based programs, including community-based sheltering, animal wellness services, provincial animal transfers, shelter health & wellness, high-volume spay/neuter services, animal rescue, animal advocacy, Indigenous partnership programs and humane education, the Ontario SPCA is Ontario’s animal charity.
Working together we can make a difference in the lives of countless animals in need.
Position: Do you have a creative and strategic mind with a digital focus, and want to change the lives of countless animals? Our Manager of Digital Fundraising role will lead the planning, strategy and oversight of activities that raise funds via the digital spectrum for our Development team fundraising programs. This critical role focuses on raising funds online while also supporting the cultivation and stewardship of prospective future donors and existing donors. Working closely with your Digital Fundraising Specialist and Manager of Annual Giving team mates, you’ll ensure that all fund development tactics are executed for our digital channels.
Location: This hybrid role is based out of our Provincial Office location in Stouffville, ON with the ability to work primarily remote.
A Typical Day
- Overseeing creative and approvals for emails and fundraising-related social media posts.
- Advising as the subject-matter expert for SEO/SEM and management/analysis of Google Grant.
- Supervising and directing the work of our Digital Fundraising Specialist.
- Providing copywriting for all fundraising and stewardship emails and social media posts.
- Overseeing the tactical implementation and execution of the digital giving strategy, including Paws & Give™ revenue generation.
- Managing all aspects of the digital fundraising budget, including projections, calendarization and expense approvals.
- Planning of digital legacy giving marketing strategies that aim to prospect and cultivate legacy leads and donors.
- Stewardship of organization’s Adopters, Donors and Spay/Neuter clients through oversight and implementation of digital stewardship initiatives.
- Converting clients and adopters into donors and adoption ambassadors.
- Preparation of digital engagement and conversion strategies for monthly donors.
- Reporting back on and celebrating success with our diverse team of passionate animal lovers.
Why You Should Join Our Team?
- Be part of a highly collaborative and energetic team environment with others who share your passion for animal well-being!
- Competitive compensation package including family medical, dental and vision benefits
- Hybrid work environment (remote and onsite)
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Paid sick time
- 3 weeks vacation after 3 years of service
- Onsite parking
Do You Have What it Takes?
- University/College degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience in non-profit online fundraising and/or marketing
- 3+ years of experience with Luminate Online
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Google Marketing certification preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Must have open availability including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Studies have shown that some candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications for a role. Even if you can only say “yes” to some of the qualifications above, if you’re a passionate fundraiser who loves animals, we still want to hear from you!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director of Annual Giving
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote “Mgr. Digital Fundraising” in the subject line.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society provides accommodation during all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please advise us if you are contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or email@example.com .
Please note that the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society has a Covid-19 vaccination policy in place for all employees and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Valid medical accommodation will be taken into consideration on an individual basis.