Manager, Digital Fundraising
About Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is our country’s leading charity dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth growing up in the child welfare system. We raise and grant funds and deliver a wide range of high-impact programs and services in partnership with child- and youth-serving agencies across the country.
Our vision is to create a world where the children and youth we serve have the strength and resilience to forge a bright and positive future. Join us and together we will help empower children, youth and families involved with the child welfare system go from surviving to thriving.
The Foundation is a dynamic and growing organization committed to delivering excellence and maximizing the social value of donations and volunteer contributions to child welfare in Canada. Last year we raised over $17.5M supporting 19,568 children, youth and families across Canada.
You picked an incredible moment to join the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada! We are leading a bold and ambitious transformational strategy that will drive growth and awareness and ultimately lead to increased funds to better serve our three priority areas:
1) children and families at risk,
2) children and youth living in government care, and
3) youth transitioning out of care.
The Digital Fundraising Manager will play a key role in supporting the execution of the Foundation’s fundraising and marketing strategies. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing, this role will support key revenue generation activities at the Foundation, including digital fundraising and digital transformation efforts. The Manager will support on the development and execution of the one time giving and regular giving programs with a focus on donor acquisition, development and stewardship.
Digital Fundraising Program – 45%
- Oversee the management and execution of an innovative digital fundraising strategy focusing on fundraising campaigns and direct response activities (offline and online), including one time giving and regular giving program.
- Create, manage and optimize digital fundraising content, including donation pages, advocacy pages and supporter pages on Engaging Networks.
- Assist in managing and reviewing all lead generation programs to maximize Return On Investment (ROI).
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Marketing and the Marketing Coordinator to develop lead generation, social media and marketing campaigns to recruit and retain supporters and donors via digital channels.
- Assist with the development and execution of paid social media/influencer fundraising campaigns, display ads and other digital platforms as appropriate.
- Assist with the development of strategies to increase the Foundation’s one-time-gift and recurring donor portfolio.
- Support on the deployment of the Foundation’s digital transformation strategy for optimization, conversion and positive user experience.
- Provide guidance, coordination and support on digital fundraising techniques as required.
Email Marketing – 30%
- Manage and execute the annual email marketing plan and editorial calendar as part of the Foundation’s donor development strategy.
- Develop copy and creative for the Foundation’s email marketing plan, and build emails in Engaging Networks.
- Assist in developing email marketing segmentation strategies and data selections to personalize and tailor email communications to the Foundation’s many audiences.
- Develop and implement an email testing strategy to increase email conversion rates and click through rates from existing supporters.
Analytics and Reporting – 15%
- Maintain accurate reporting and analysis through Engaging Networks to ensure effective management of the Foundation’s digital fundraising programs.
- Maintain accurate reporting and analysis of the Foundation’s email marketing performance for optimization and targeting strategies, as well as for quarterly and annual KPI monitoring.
- Build and manage tracking parameters for social media, donation pages and email marketing campaigns using UTM and Engaging Networks.
- Assist with reporting related to digital fundraising including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
Donor Management – 10%
- Help manage donor inquiries coming in through the Foundation inbox and/or through phone calls.
- Update donor information in Engaging Networks and Raiser’s Edge.
- Provide guidance to ensure a consistent donor experience and excellence across all digital marketing touchpoints along the donor journey.
- Other donor management tasks as required.
- 4+ years of experience in digital fundraising with experience in areas such as donor acquisition, development and stewardship.
- University or college degree in fundraising, marketing, communications or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and optimizing email marketing campaigns for donor cultivation and conversion.
- Demonstrated experience building, reviewing and optimizing online donation pages to increase traffic and conversions.
- Demonstrated experience helping manage donor inquiries quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of online fundraising portals such as Engaging Networks and customer relationship management systems like Raiser’s Edge.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset.
- Strong knowledge of digital measurement metrics using tools such as Google Analytics, Engaging Networks and Raiser’s Edge.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Alignment to organizational values: Care and Compassion, Child and Youth Focused, Excellence and Leadership, Integrity, Collaboration/Teamwork.
Hours of work
- Regular office hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Vacation restrictions during busy periods.
- Local travel occasionally, during business hours.
CAFC provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from equity seeking groups, including members of communities that are overrepresented in the child welfare system. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We offer: 4 weeks’ vacation per year, plus 3 float days, participation in the OMERS Pension Plan, a comprehensive benefits (including medical, dental, life and disability) package, Employee Assistance Program and a competitive salary.
CAFC staff are currently working in a hybrid work model, working remotely and in the downtown Toronto office 1-2 days a week when it is safe to do so. However, this role has the opportunity to be fully remote.
We acknowledge that the Foundation’s main office is located in Toronto, which is the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples and is now home to many diverse First Nations, Inuit and Métis. The area now known as Toronto is covered by Treaty 13. Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is committed to supporting meaningful reconciliation between Indigenous peoples and others in these lands and across Canada.
Please forward a current resume, with covering letter in one single document, detailing how your qualifications match this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Digital Fundraising Manager – AFP July 2022” in the subject line of your email by August 5, 2022.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the work of Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada; but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.