Manager, Donor Engagement and Experience
Manager, Donor Engagement and Experience
Employment Terms: Full-Time, 3-Year Contract
Start Date: ASAP
An Unprecedented Campaign with Unprecedented Success
Branksome Hall is in the quiet phase of its most ambitious fundraising campaign in its history seeing unprecedented success including securing the largest gifts in its 120 years.
This campaign is a defining moment in the Branksome story, to support the next generation of creative and innovative thinkers and help them realize the role they will play as trailblazers, problem solvers, thought leaders and change makers.
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative stewardship professional to join a high functioning fundraising team to build on our success and help cement Branksome’s position as an exceptional, accessible and innovative leader in girls’ education.
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires students to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders who give back to their communities. With our values of Sense of Community, Inclusiveness, Creativity and Making a Difference as a foundation, Branksome Hall offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills.
What We Offer:
- A hybrid work environment;
- A competitive package including a comprehensive benefits package and a matching RRSP program;
- Vacation starting at three weeks with additional paid “Branksome days”;
- Access to professional development opportunities, membership in fundraising associations and internal training opportunities;
- Access to state of the art facilities and resources to support innovation, entrepreneurship and well-being, including a fitness center and salt-water swimming pool;
- Opportunity to take part in our lunch program (taxable benefit).
Come Make Your Mark
We are seeking a Manager, Donor Engagement and Experience to make an indelible mark during this historic campaign by strategically leading, implementing and growing all aspects of Branksome Hall’s Donor Experience Program. The Manager will develop and drive a comprehensive and strategic recognition and engagement system that relays impact while educating and inspiring donors as well as instilling donor confidence to foster lasting relationships between Branksome and its benefactors.
Reporting to the Director, Campaign and Development and working collaboratively with other members of the Advancement and Community Engagement (ACE) team, the Manager, Donor Engagement and Experience will be responsible for the following:
- Develops a strategic and comprehensive Donor Experience Program business plan that encompasses Major Gifts, Annual Giving and Planned Giving;
- Develop individual stewardship plans for Branksome’s most generous donors;
- Assists in the identification of Major Gift donors and plays an active role in suggesting stewardship initiatives for further engagement.
Donor Engagement & Recognition
- Working with members of the ACE team, implement a successful, integrated Donor Experience Program;
- Serve as a liaison between donors and Branksome, initiating contact or providing follow up as determined with the assigned Donor Manager;
- Support the creation of recognition and naming policies for the Campaign;
- Develop and implement appropriate donor giving matrixes, determine benefits, and other innovative ways to recognize donors,including leading the planning and program development for campaign recognition;
- Assist with curating bespoke recognition gifts for Major Gift donors and volunteers that are aligned with donor interest and convey impact.
- In collaboration with members of the ACE team, plan and execute Branksome’s yearly Circle ($1K+ annual donors) and $50K+ (cumulative) events and other events that advance donor involvement, cultivation and stewardship.
- Oversees the donor acknowledgement process ensuring timely communication; in addition working with the Major Gift time, ensure strategic and personalized thank you;
- Working with the Advancement Communications, develops the preparation of all stewardship reports, the Donor Impact Report and bi-monthly stewardship newsletter;
- Oversees the first-time donor program.
What You Bring:
- A university degree in a related field with 4-5 years’ progressive, related stewardship or donor engagement experience, with a proven track record of creating innovative programs that have led to increased engagement. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- A graduate certificate in fundraising and experience in an educational institution would be considered an asset;
- Creative, with strong organizational skills support, you are able to be adaptable while remaining relationship focused and results oriented;
- Highly collaborative, the Manager is a self-starter, who is able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Technically savvy with strong analytical skills, you will have experience with Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite applications;
- Familiarity with InDesign would be considered an asset;
- An understanding of relevant CRA regulations and the ability to plan, budget and forecast effectively.
If you are interested in an opportunity to own and build a best-in-class donor experience program, please submit your cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed as of March 15, 2023, and the posting will remain active until filled.
Applications will also be accepted by mail and can be sent to the address below:
Branksome Hall – Human Resources
10 Elm Avenue
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Branksome Hall is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with (dis)abilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas, and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
As an educational institution, with the health and safety of our community as a priority, at the moment we require all employees to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.