Manager, Donor Experience
MANAGER, DONOR EXPERIENCE
This is an exciting time to join North York General Foundation (NYGF) as we drive towards the largest fundraising campaign in our history, invest in our brand, and seek staff who are committed to advancing support for our remarkable hospital.
North York General Hospital is one of Newsweek’s top 5 hospitals overall in Canada, the #1 community academic hospital in the country, and among the top 100 globally. The hospital was also named as one of the World’s Best Smart Hospitals 2023 and is on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers.
ABOUT NORTH YORK GENERAL FOUNDATION
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1.4B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future with inspired volunteer leadership and additional staff to champion our growth imperative.
Reporting to the Director, Donor Experience the Manager, Donor Experience is an integral position responsible for managing and enhancing the Foundation’s comprehensive stewardship program. The Manager will have one direct report, the Donor Experience & Office Coordinator.
A highly experienced donor relations professional, the Manager will play a key role in the strategy and implementation of: donor journeys, donor reports and communications, gift agreements, donor recognition systems, strategy and logistical support to stewardship and cultivation activities and events.
- Manage the development of compelling impact reports, updates, thank you letters in collaboration the Marketing & Communications team
- Support the development of custom naming opportunity proposals
- Participate in the development of donor stewardship strategies for various donor segments including major, mid-level, annual, monthly, first-time, staff and physician donors, as well as community event hosts and corporate sponsors
- Develop segmentation strategies, extract donor lists for on-going communications and lead the data management process in collaboration with the Business Intelligence and Philanthropy teams
- Review and manage the Endowment Reporting Program to ensure receipt of reports in a timely manner
- Contribute to strategy and coordinate gathering donor survey data to inform and drive communication and stewardship strategies
- Utilize the ThankView platform to create impactful touch points for donors
Engagement & Recognition
- Ensure stewardship activities are donor-centered and fulfilled in a timely manner in accordance with the donor relations matrix
- Strategically contribute to and help manage the roll out of new donor recognition projects (like the redevelopment of our Baby Wall)
- Provide creative and thoughtful opportunities that fulfill the donor’s recognition wishes while ensuring they are aligned with the Donor Recognition Policy
- Draft gift agreements, record details in Raisers Edge and ensure commitments are fulfilled in a timely and meaningful manner
- Provide strategy and logistical support for cultivation and stewardship events including theme and event flow, guest list creation, invitations, venue and catering requirements, technical requirements, briefing documents and staffing plans
- Oversee the Donor Experience calendar of activities ensuring alignment across teams
Planning & Leadership
- Proactively build relationships with vendors, donors, volunteers, and hospital representatives to meet donor obligations for reporting and recognition
- Provide recommendations that enhance the donor stewardship program including creation of new program materials and assets and streamline processes across teams
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and trends in stewardship, reporting and donor engagement to support best in class donor satisfaction, engagement and giving
- Manage a donor relations professional including their performance management, professional development and their contribution towards improved donor engagement
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- University Degree or related education, with a minimum 5+ years of progressive donor relations and stewardship experience, preferably in a health care or education setting or complex non-profit environment
- Experience working with donors, volunteers and stakeholders and deep understanding of donor relations, fundraising cycles and ability to motivate and influence stakeholders
- Experience managing a direct report is preferred
- Experience using Raisers Edge for donor relationship management a requirement
- Strong project management skills with experience working with cross-functional teams and proven ability to manage timelines
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills to support working under pressure, handling competing deadlines, shifting priorities and responding promptly to a variety of requests
- Creative, resourceful and intuitively driven team member with a strong customer service- oriented approach
- Extensive experience planning, managing and executing events
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
This position will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGF is working within a hybrid model with staff expected in the office 3 days per week. We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a salary range of $90,000-$100,000.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by March 3, 2023. Please reference Manager, Donor Experience in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.