Manager – Donor Impact Stewardship
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Manager-Donor Impact Stewardship to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will work be reporting to the Director, Donor Impact and Creative Services, the incumbent supports the Canadian Red Cross Philanthropy Marketing team with world class donor communications across relationship channels, and external donor impact reports. The incumbent will own the creation of content, messaging, and distribution of and as such will be responsible for developing, collecting, refining, and curating society-wide messages for donor (and prospective donor) audience. Using their considerable skills and experience, the Manager will also act as the key subject matter expert in the program areas within the Red Cross, both existing and those that evolve with the organization.
In this role, you will:
Responsibility 1 : Produce high-impact donor communications for key donor audiences
- Ensure a consistent and cohesive strategy and tone of voice in the creation, development and execution of donor communication products that support the Red Cross’ relationships with its most critical donors
- Work closely with content generation and copywriting teams to find key insights for inclusion in donor-facing materials
- Supervise staff doing similar work for the organization, including coaching, training, development and performance management of human resources, including the expenditure of time and money
- As a producer-manager, the Manager will work with internal and external stakeholders needed to complete materials,
- Proactively develops deep content knowledge and ensures adherence to organizational messaging and encourages demonstration of Canadian Red Cross’s depth, breadth, and impact through exciting and inspiring stories. Builds partnerships with communication colleagues across Philanthropy and organization wide to ensure coordination and inclusion of society-wide messaging and content.
Responsibility 2 : Act as a key prime of Donor Impacts and Creative Services to Red Cross programs/services colleagues
- Work with all programs and services of the Red Cross and all Philanthropy Marketing teams to translate the society’s vision into gift opportunities that will inspire donors to make commitments and investments in the CRC.
- Build a deep level of understanding about the Red Cross case for support and apply that knowledge in working with stakeholders across the organization
- Demonstrate the tact and diplomacy required to have both high-level (and even confidential) conversations about programs while also building relationships at peer level
- Acting as a layer of control to ensure that donor intent is being met, that reporting is delivered on schedule and that the organization is meeting its commitments to the donor(s).
Responsibility 3 : Partner with internal stakeholders to help drive donor experience forward related to appeals
- Identify improvement opportunities for the Donor Experience team and in CRC policies, processes and procedures to drive value for our donors
- Work with stakeholders both within Philanthropy and outside of the department to project manage improvement opportunities through to completion, including tracking of results of change
- Work closely with Finance team to rectify any donor-facing issues in a timely, comprehensive and donor-centric manner
- Participates in disaster planning, preparation and response, as required.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Philanthropy, Journalism
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- 8 – 10 years of progressive, relevant experience in fundraising content, content strategy, development and execution
- 1 – 3 years working in customer service or donor relations in a supervisory capacity, preferably in a Contact Centre environment
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool for tracking donor activities and analyzing results
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex information and to communicate it to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated track record of providing strategic direction in the development of best-in-class engagement materials to donors, customers, clients, employees or a mix thereof
- Superior knowledge of philanthropy and marketing principles as they relate to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Ability to act as a bridge builder to develop strong cross-functional relationships
- Excellent management and team building skills with demonstrated supervision and leadership qualities, superior interpersonal and public relations skills, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational, planning and hands-on implementation skills
- Demonstrated project management and strong presentation skills
- The ability to manage effectively in a changing environment with multiple conflicting demands and priorities
- Ability to build trusting relationships in a virtual working environment
- Understanding of customer/donor escalation principles
- Analytic and problem-solving skills to develop strategies, identify gaps, and implement program solutions.
- High level of proficiency and accuracy in Microsoft Suite & video conference such as Zoom, Teams, Sharepoint etc.
- Ability to effectively develop strong cross-functional working relationships, evidenced by a track record of teamwork and collegiality, building relationships within and beyond the Philanthropy department
- Create, align, and translate vision and strategies into concrete and cohesive plans that align daily work with vision and directions of the Philanthropy operational objectives
- The majority of the work is performed in a remote environment.
- Occasionally required to work non-traditional hours to meet travel and other commitments and during times of a disaster response and/or appeals
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.