This is an exciting time to join North York General Foundation (NYGF) as we drive towards the largest fundraising campaign in our history, invest in our brand, and seek staff who are committed to advancing support for our remarkable hospital.
North York General Hospital is one of Newsweek’s top 5 hospitals overall in Canada, the #1 community academic hospital in the country, and among the top 100 globally. The hospital was also named as one of the World’s Best Smart Hospitals 2023 and is on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers.
ABOUT NORTH YORK GENERAL HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1.4B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future with inspired volunteer leadership and additional staff to champion our growth imperative.
A key role in the organization, the Manager, Events is responsible for the planning and execution of our signature events. The Manager will have revenue responsibility and accountability for overall financial targets for each new or existing event in addition to building, managing, and soliciting their own prospect pool. The Manager will develop short-term strategies and a long-term vision for revenue growth by providing an enhanced, memorable, and unique event experience. Driven by marketplace trends and research, the Manager will also develop new revenue generating events and extend the North York General brand in the community. This Manager will report to the Director, Campaigns & Governance and will manage one direct report (Events Co-ordinator) as well as relationships with event consultants as appropriate.
Event Strategy & Execution
- Develop and execute strategies for Foundation signature events to enhance profile, increase revenue, maximize support, meet or exceed budget goals, and enhance overall event experience including:
- Heart of Fashion – a bi-annual fashion show and gala
- Masters Golf – annual golf tournament
- Rally in the Ravine – annual community run/walk
- Create and adhere to event critical paths
- Manage and monitor event budgets to ensure appropriate cost per dollar ratio
- Partner with the MARCOM team on initiatives to market and promote events in the community
- Support the Fundraising team to collaboratively achieve sponsorship and revenue goals
- Work with Donor Experience team to oversee adherence to all donor/sponsorship benefits, recognition pre, during and post event(s)
- Work with the Data Team to conduct pre and post event analysis to determine metrics to support future event planning
- Stay up to date on industry trends to supplement or replace existing events or strategies
- Contribute to the annual business plan and budget through the development of strategies, tactics, and metrics to support organizational goals
- Manage a portfolio (cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) of 50+ individual and corporate event donors/sponsors and proactively prospect for new event partners
- Manage, lead, and inspire the signature event committees comprising community and leadership volunteers
- Manage relationships with all vendors/consultants
- 5-7 years experience in a not-for-profit setting, preferably in health care
- Undergraduate degree and/or Hospitality related diploma
- Experience with execution of $1M+ high end events, with preference for leading role
- Experience with planning of golf tournaments and large-scale community run/walks (desired)
- Business planning/budgeting acumen
- Highly demonstrated ability to manage, supervise and interact in the utmost professional manner with direct reports, leadership volunteers, hospital staff, consultants, and vendors
- Experience with a leading CRM program a must, with preference for Raiser’s Edge
- Strong customer service-oriented approach, complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Demonstrated experience managing up and across an organization
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Strong command of Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
This position will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGF is working within a hybrid model with staff expected in the office 3 days per week. We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a salary range of $90,000-$100,000.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by March 3, 2023. Please reference Manager, Events in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.