Manager, Finance & Administration
Manager, Finance & Administration
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) Foundation
Full Time, Permanent – $85,000 – $95,000
Download the complete job description here.
We’re shaping the future of healthcare in our region and we’re looking for the next great member of our team to join our cause. If you believe as we do, that our mission to transform patient care at Peterborough Regional Health Centre – today and tomorrow – has never been more important than it is right now, read on!
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Manager, Finance & Administration is an integral member of the leadership team, and hands-on within the accounting function. This includes the preparation of financial statements, financial analysis, budgets, cash forecast, fund reports, investment accounting and leading the year-end external audit functions. A retail operation (Gift Shop) falls within the accountability of this portfolio as well.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, implement and manage the finance function of the Foundation.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements, manage annual budget process, prepare analysis for various financial scenarios and opportunities.
- Manage accounts for the allocation and tracking of funds and expenditures, to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Manage a staff of three, determine annual strategic and operational initiatives for the Finance department and Gift Shop.
- Prepare and remit required tax and information filings in compliance with government reporting requirements.
- Maintain accounting internal control systems, act as signing officer, oversee and support the gift processing and receipting program.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the organization’s financial risk profile to ensure that the organization complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
As an ideal candidate, you have a CPA designation and are a hands-on accounting and finance leader, capable of working effectively and collaboratively as part of a management team. You’re organized, detail-oriented and possess a learning mind-set. You’re ready and willing to tackle a wide range of tasks and challenges, and you thrive in an environment where activities and results are measured. Finally, you’re a resilient, positive, self-directed person who understands how to effectively manage your time between daily responsibilities, high priority requests and long-term projects.
We’re a passionate team of professional healthcare fundraisers who believe wholeheartedly in the importance of our collective cause. We work hard to maintain a positive, inclusive and supportive workplace culture (wherever we happen to be working) and invest regularly in continuous education and professional development. We believe in strategic thinking, best practices and the ongoing evaluation of our efforts. Most importantly, we’re grateful to our donors for their trust, and in return, strive to maintain the utmost transparency, good governance and accountability in everything we do.
What We Do:
More than 600,000 people from Peterborough and the surrounding area rely on Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) for world-class, lifesaving care, close to home. PRHC’s regional programs support patients from across Peterborough, Northumberland and Haliburton Counties, the City of Kawartha Lakes, parts of Durham Region, and everywhere in between.
Our role at the PRHC Foundation is to inspire donors to fund the equipment and technology that form the foundation of that care – vital investments that are not funded by the government. Together, we bring new, lifesaving services and treatment options to our region, and help our hospital attract the best and the brightest doctors, nurses and staff.
What We Offer:
- An exciting opportunity to help shape the future of healthcare in our region and impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of people every year.
- A nimble, collaborative and innovative work culture dedicated to supporting professional and personal development.
- Competitive salary ranges.
- Generous vacation and benefits packages.
- Industry-leading pension program.
- The opportunity to work with a leading fundraising organization dedicated to excellence and impact, learning from experts in the field and sharing your own skills and experience with us.
What You Offer:
We’re looking for someone with a university degree and a CPA designation, a minimum of five years management experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment, experience in leading teams and with knowledge of not-for-profit financial software.
- Passionate about supporting world-class patient care at our hospital.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, resilient and self-motivated with a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively while meeting deadlines.
- Professional and energetic with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of an executive team.
Other Things You Should Know:
- Work on the occasional evening or weekend may be required during busy periods.
- Work is primarily based on-site at the Foundation offices; however, a hybrid work model is an option.
- Mandatory COVID-19 double vaccination required.
- Must successfully pass a vulnerable sector police check, provide proof of education and CPA designation.
How to Apply:
Download the complete job description here. Please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Manager of Finance & Administration, PRHC Foundation’, to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on Friday, May 5, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
We’re committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment so please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.