Manager, Foundation and Community Giving
Job Title: Manager, Foundation and Community Giving
Type: Full-Time, Permanent, Non-Bargaining Unit
Number of positions: 1
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Rate: $60,879.00 to $67,216.50
Reports to: Director of Development
Posting Date: December 1, 2021
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
Location: 800 Bay Street
Fred Victor is a not-for-profit, multi-service community-based organization that has assisted people living on low incomes in Toronto for over 125 years. We work in partnership with women and men from diverse backgrounds who face poverty, homelessness, mental health issues, addictions, and/or social isolation to address their needs and hopes and advocate for a more equitable society. Please see our website at www.fredvictor.org. Fred Victor works with a highly diverse population of people and upholds the values of respect, choice and inclusion.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager, Foundations and Community Giving will be an integral member of Fred Victor’s Philanthropy and Communications team. They are responsible for managing and growing a robust portfolio of foundation and community donors, and building the portfolio through identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding new supporters.
This critical fundraising position will design and implement strategies to manage and cultivate relationships with approximately 150 existing and prospective donors. They are passionate about driving growth in revenue, raising awareness for Fred Victor, and communicating Fred Victor’s mission and case for support. They have excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization and time management skills, and experience conducting prospect research. They enjoy meeting donors face-to-face including solicitation, conducting tours and speaking to groups of donors. They will manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the portfolio by cultivating current relationships, and seeking new opportunities to grow this key portfolio. They will have demonstrated success in raising funds in the $5,000 – $100,000 range, building relationships with donors, supporting volunteers, and are enthusiastic to work collaboratively with a talented fundraising and communications team.
- Work with the Director of Development to build a multiple-year strategy to grow the Foundation and Community Giving program
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 donors and prospects (Foundation, Grantors, Community Groups, and Faith-based Groups)
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors to meet annual revenue goals
- Lead proactive research and participate in ongoing prospect identification
- Participate in annual and multi-year planning activities
- Develop and implement relationship management strategies and timelines, including establishing goals to move donors up the giving cycle and solicit multi-year pledges
- Conduct face-to-face meetings and tours with donors, including making direct gift solicitations; prepare and deliver customized presentations
- Coordinate speaking engagements for churches, service clubs, and schools to support and grow giving and awareness
- Prepare and write compelling proposals, grant applications, presentations, reports and letters of interest
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Fred Victor’s Mission, History, Strategic Plan and Case for Support
- Maintain Raisers Edge NXT database records, tracking contacts, communications, and moves management information
- Represent Fred Victor at events and be able to act as a spokesperson
Who we are looking for:
- An enthusiastic fundraising professional with experience managing a portfolio of foundations or organization donors, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success raising donations in the $5,000 to $100,000 range
- Excellent research skills and knowledge of fundraising information resources
- Homelessness/Poverty sector knowledge an asset
- Detail, deadline and outcome oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Fundraising CRMs, including Raisers Edge NXT
- Strong people skills, enjoys a collaborative environment
- Degree from a relevant university program
- 3+ years of progressive experience and success in fundraising, prospecting, donor cultivation and relationship management
- Experience within a social service or housing non-profit preferred
- Experience with stewarding, soliciting and closing gifts $5,000- $100,000
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications and Raisers Edge/CRM
- Excellent written and oral communications including public speaking
The work involves meeting with various Fred Victor stakeholders. A personal professional appearance is essential. The office is located in the administration office downtown Toronto. The work requires the employee to attend meetings, tours and presentations outside the office. Evening or weekend work may be required to support fundraising events or initiatives.
Please submit a cover letter and resume no later than 5:00 p.m. on December 15, 2021 to:
Director of Development
Applications should quote “Manager, Foundation and Community Giving” in the subject line
NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES
Proof of Covid-19 vaccinations and a Police Record Check are required by the final candidate(s) prior to hiring.
All Internal and External job applicants must declare their vaccination status in their job applications—whether they have been fully or partially vaccinated. All candidates offered a position with Fred Victor Centre from September 30, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination as a condition of employment. Fred Victor Centre will comply with its Human Rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
We strive to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all qualified candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fred Victor is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.