Manager, Fund Development
Camp Maple Leaf is a registered charity operated by The Camp Tanamakoon Charitable Foundation and serves children from Canadian Military families as well as children with living with unique life challenges. Our two sleepover camps – one in Ontario the other in New Brunswick – provide children and families who share similar life experiences with a very special summer camp that they can call their own. A third camp program is planned to open in Alberta in 2023.
We believe in the lasting positive impact that camp can have on the lives of all children, and in the significant difference it can make to children growing up with unique life challenges. For children from Canadian Military Families for example, frequent relocations inherent in military life can challenge their ability to develop lasting friendships. They’re faced with unique uncertainties such as the lengthy deployment of a parent, the fear of a potential injury – or worse – to that parent. Children growing up with other significant life challenges also face real obstacles to inclusion and can be challenged to feel that sense of belonging which is so crucial to their wellbeing. Camp Maple Leaf creates that special place where these children get to enjoy a fun-filled camp experience that can make all the difference in their resiliency and confidence….key assets in their ability to thrive in an increasingly challenging world.
As Camp Maple Leaf’s Manager, Fund Developement you will plan and implement all aspects of our fundraising program. You will report directly to the Executive Director and collaborate closely with our management team to help set our strategic objectives and implement the fundraising activities necessary to achieve them. We’re a small organization so your responsibilities will encompass all aspects of our philanthropic activities including prospect research and identification, annual appeals, planned giving, major gifts, grant applications and reporting and donor stewardship. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan in place and each member of our Board of Directors are committed to working with us to achieve the ambitious objectives set out in that plan.
The Manager, Fund Development will work closely with our incumbent Director, Development for the initial six month period, with the opportunity for a performance-based succession into the Director position.
- Serve as the functional lead to implement fundraising best practices, tactics and strategy that boost donor engagement and the fundraising results needed to achieve our goals
- Plan, implement and oversee a multi-faceted fundraising program with a focus on securing and stewarding annual gifts, monthly gifts, major gifts, and planned gifts
- Formulate and implement donor-centred cultivation strategies and develop proposals, personalize case for support presentations and prepare other fundraising materials as required
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to help secure philanthropic commitments from individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations.
- Provide strategic fundraising leadership and support to the management team and Board of Directors
- Oversee the planning and implementation of stewardship and recognition programs to ensure an excellent donor experience
- Oversee key administrative components of our fundraising program
- Develop and manage the fundraising budget
- Work collaboratively with the staff teams at each of the Camp programs providing support in response to local fundraising opportunities
- Follow CRA requirements and industry best practices to provide leadership in the development and implementation fundraising policies and procedures
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, non-profit management or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in prospect research, prospect management, soliciting and securing annual, monthly, major and planned gifts.
- Self-motivated, high energy, results oriented and the drive to exceed expectations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrable skills and experience in writing and presenting clear and compelling funding proposals and grant applications – bilingualism is an asset
- Experience building thoughtful, engaging and unique donor relations, donor recognition and stewardship programs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills, initiative, tact, diplomacy, integrity, and creativity
- Familiarity with fundraising database applications
- Experience working with volunteers, committees, and boards
- Financial management experience, including management and oversight of budgets
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills needed (especially MS Office and other relevant current business software programs)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for the purposes of business travel
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends and to travel to locations throughout our service area as needed
- Demonstrated experience in prospect research, prospect management, soliciting and securing annual, monthly, major and planned gifts
- Certified Fund Raising Professional accreditation is strongly considered as an asset
We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive workplace environment for all employees.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the qualifications described above, please e-mail your resume with a covering letter, including salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put Fundraising Manager in the subject line.