Manager, Fund Development
Better Living Charitable Foundation, part of the Better Living family of organizations, has an opening for the position of Manager, Fund Development. The successful candidate will work closely with the Vice President of Philanthropy in executing the annual fundraising plan. Responsibilities will include identifying and implementing fundraising strategies that will help to grow financial resources across the organization. This role will help to diversify our funding base by increasing the number of new donors, enhancing the engagement of our donor community, expanding the reach and success of our special events portfolio, and identifying ways to provide transparent reporting on results to our various donor audiences. You will act as a leader in prospect identification, proposal creation, solicitation and ongoing stewardship for corporate donors, individuals and foundations.
The successful candidate for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, non-profit management, or event management or equivalent experience
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (C.F.R.E.) is considered an asset
- A minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience or transferrable experience
- Familiarity with fundraising applications, including Raiser’s Edge and other Blackbaud products is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for the purposes of business travel
- Have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends and to travel to locations throughout our service area as needed
- Successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Screening within one month of employment
The successful candidate for this position must:
- Work with VP to broaden the donor base, with a particular focus on the Don Mills area
- Create a strategy for engaging staff, volunteers, and clients through Better Living Health and Community Services and Better Living Thompson House
- Research, cultivate and draft proposals and applications to foundations and corporate partners
- Ensure effective communication with all donor partners through the collection and sharing of impact stories and building of strong cases for support
- Work with VP in the creation of direct mail campaigns
- Oversee all Better Living special events, supervising and mentoring the Special Events Coordinator
- Have extensive experience in planning and executing special events such as golf tournaments, hikes/walks and community third party events
- Work with VP to implement a reporting structure to ensure accurate and timely communication with donors
- Manage in-kind donations
- Have experience managing a direct-mail campaign, including content creation, data management, and implementation of key performance indicators
- Develop annual fundraising project plans and overall strategy and collaborate with the Vice President of Philanthropy
- Possess excellent project management skills and superb attention to detail
- Demonstrate positive leadership abilities and abilities to coach and influence stakeholders
- Have proven success in fostering and stewarding corporate and individual donors and community partners
- Handle prospect/donor information with confidentiality
- Work independently, meet deadlines and thrive while coordinating a number of projects/tasks
- Communicate effectively both in-person, by email and in formal written documents
- Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; this position demands the ability to positively interact internally as a team member as well as externally with donors and supporters.
- Be able to “think outside the box” with the tactical know-how to put plans into action
- Be proficient in the use of technology, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Have exposure to the non-profit sector, specifically for special event strategies and sponsorship fundraising, with the ability to steward existing relationships and identify and solicit new prospects
LOCATION: Onsite work required in both Toronto and Newmarket.
SALARY: $55,000 – $60,000 per annum; commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please click (or cut and paste into your browser) the following link:
Please quote “Manager, Fund Development” on the cover letter and e-mail subject line
COVID-19 policy: To ensure the utmost safety of the clients and long-term care residents we serve, Better Living continues to abide by a mandatory vaccine policy. In order to be considered for an interview, candidates must demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated, are in the process of being fully vaccinated, or have a substantiated medical or religious reason why they cannot be vaccinated. Fully vaccinated is considered a minimum of three (3) doses of vaccine; 4th dose (booster) is recommended for those that are eligible.
Better Living is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including persons with disabilities, racialized, Indigenous persons, persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation, and newcomers. We provide accommodation at all stages of the selection process upon request.