Manager, Gift and Database Administration
The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, and teacher certification. It is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall. Please visit www.rcmusic.com for more information.
The Development department of The Royal Conservatory is seeking a Manager, Gift & Database Administration to support fundraising activities through the accurate and timely management of its fundraising database (The Raiser’s Edge). The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and running complex queries, mailings, exports, and reports in support of the RCM’s relationship-building with donors, prospects and other stakeholders. They will be accountable for the integrity of the information in the database, creating and updating constituent records to ensure donor contact is managed appropriately, and will implement data-entry protocols and ongoing maintenance to ensure data accuracy. This role will administer all aspects of donation processing, and is responsible for entering donations, issuing tax receipts and acknowledgement letters, and liaising with the Conservatory’s Finance department to ensure the proper tracking of donations and sponsorships.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Development Services, the Manager will assess the status of the database, make recommendations for and implement any improvements required, and establish appropriate policies and procedures to ensure optimal functionality of the database moving forward. The ideal candidate brings significant experience working with Raiser’s Edge, and demonstrates a strong commitment to maintaining data integrity, providing excellent customer service, and working in a collaborative team environment. They will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing projects independently with appropriate consultation.
JOB DETAILS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and generates weekly or monthly reports for financial status, prospect management, donor communications and stewardship activities, and creates ad hoc reports and donor listings as required
- Creates constituent records for new donors and prospects, and enters updates to existing donors’ contact and profile information as required
- Processes all donations promptly and to the RCM’s receipting/acknowledgement standards, including deposit preparation, gift documentation, data entry in the fundraising database, tax receipt generation and acknowledgement letter production
- Collaborates with the RCM’s Finance department to reconcile all donated revenue on a monthly basis
- Undertakes a systematic review of existing database records to identify and correct duplicate records and data inconsistencies, and performs monthly database maintenance procedures to ensure data integrity
- Works with Development staff to ensure the timely and accurate entry of donor actions, and imports actions and appeal coding for event participations and direct mail campaigns
- Generates donor pledge reminders on a monthly basis
- Works in conjunction with the Senior Director, Development Services to implement new campaign, fund and appeal structures to inform analysis, decision-making, and strategy development
- Responds to donors’ inquiries and requests regarding donation receipts
- Updates and maintains the Raiser’s Edge procedures manual
- Provides ongoing support and training to RCM staff with respect to the effective use of the fundraising database
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with The Raiser’s Edge, with direct responsibility for donation processing, report generation and data imports
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; intermediate to advanced skills in Excel an asset
- Report generation experience using Crystal Reports a strong asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with an ability to evaluate and respond to changing priorities
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a discreet and diplomatic manner
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as required
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising, donor relations and prospect management
- Raiser’s Edge bCRE accreditation considered an asset
- Standard office environment, involving regular and prolonged PC use
The RCM is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the RCM’s Anti-Racism, Access and Equity Policy, accommodation will be provided at any stage of in the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known when they have been contacted for an interview.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and current résumé online (please upload a single file combining both documents) at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory. Applications will be accepted until our posting deadline of Friday, January 21, 2022.
The RCM thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that this position may be filled prior to the application deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified.