Manager, Individual Giving
ABOUT CANADIAN STAGE
Canadian Stage is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit contemporary performing arts organizations. An anchor organization in Toronto’s vibrant cultural scene, Canadian Stage is a home for new and dynamic art forms, as well as an incubator and exporter of leading-edge contemporary and multidisciplinary performance.
Sharing innovative work from Canada and across the world, the company stages an annual season at across three Toronto venues, including its beautiful heritage building on Berkeley and Front Street located in the vibrant St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood.
In its long and storied history, Canadian Stage has employed thousands of artists and produced hundreds of new productions to over 5,000,000+ audience members, including the premieres of over 350+ new Canadian theatre and dance works. Many of the plays developed by Canadian Stage have been awarded and nominated for Canada’s most prestigious literary and performing arts honours, including Governor General’s, Chalmers, and Dora Mavor Moore Awards.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Canadian Stage, one of Canada’s leading professional non-profit theatres, is searching for a full time Manager, Individual Giving to join our team.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager, Individual Giving builds relationships with the donors and prospects at the entry level (Patron’s Club) and mid-level giving programs (Producer’s Club) to secure charitable donations for Canadian Stage.
The successful candidate has a passion for transdisciplinary performing arts and is eager to connect with prospects and donors about the work of Canadian Stage. They collaborate with all departments in the organization to ensure an exceptional donor experience, from developing engaging stewardship and cultivation events, to communicating our case for support through marketing digital and print materials. The Manager, Individual Giving maintains a portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects, ensuring timely acknowledgements are delivered, and fulfillment of donor benefits and appropriate recognition is given. They keep in regular contact with donors and prospects to update them on the company’s progress toward its mission. This position oversees gift entry into the company’s customer relationship management system and ensures donor plans are executed.
This position full-time salaried, with a competitive salary and benefits. Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow annual revenue from individual giving programs
- Build relationships with existing and prospective donors through regular in-person contact, supported by phone calls and emails
- Manage all appeals, campaigns, online giving initiatives and work collaboratively with other departments to advance fundraising goals
- Oversee Customer Relationship Management database, including gift processing, fulfillment of donor benefits, gift recognition, donor correspondence and mailings
- Collaborate with the Special Events Manager to create donor events that ensure an exceptional donor experience, with a focus on cultivation and stewardship
- Identify ways in which to re-engage lapsed patrons and supporters
- Provide clear and precise reporting on revenue and expenses for the Patron’s Club (annual gifts up to $1,999) and Producer’s Club (annual gifts ranging from $2,000 – $24,999)
- Work with the marketing team to develop communications promoting individual giving programs at Canadian Stage
- Develop strategy and implement plan for special campaigns (for example, year end appeals, Giving Tuesday, etc.)
- Create briefing notes to prepare Canadian Stage leadership and board for donor calls and visits and record meeting outcomes in the Customer Relationship Management database
- Participate in professional development opportunities and attend key charitable sector donor-related events outside of regular office hours
- Host donors and prospects at Canadian Stage performances, outside of regular office hours
STATEMENT OF INTENTION
Canadian Stage is committed to building an anti-racist, equitable and inclusive cultural institution. We work to reflect the stories, ideas, concerns, and priorities of the communities we have been entrusted to serve authentically and meaningfully.
To address the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous administrators at our organization, and to affirm the importance of diverse lived experiences and perspectives, we encourage and welcome applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter stating the candidate’s interest in the position and relevant experience. The letter should be no longer than two pages.
- A Resume
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one PDF. Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and use the email subject header, “Manager, Individual Giving”.
Please submit your application no later than March 11, 2022.
Canadian Stage is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free experience to applicants with accessibility or other needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we sincerely thank all candidates for their interest and efforts, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.