Manager, Leadership Giving
As one of the world’s leading cancer charities, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation raises funds for Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world.
For more than a decade, The PMCF has been on an aggressive growth trajectory. Setting daring and audacious goals is a mindset that is driven by our culture and passion to perform. We have pioneered many successful fundraising programs, including our world-leading Princess Margaret Home Lottery, and some of the world’s largest cancer fundraising events. The Foundation’s vision, which will be your vision, is to Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime.
The Princess Margaret is a proud member of University Health Network, Canada’s largest research hospital network, which also includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehab Institute and The Michener Institute for Education.
About The Role:
The Manager, Leadership Giving role, reporting to AVP Marketing, Brand & Giving is responsible for helping to attain the annual fundraising goals of the Leadership Giving (LG) program, with a particular focus on the personal solicitation program. Responsible for the acquisition, stewardship, cultivation and retention of leadership level annual donors, the Manager acts as a relationship manager for supporters who give at the $1,000 to $50,000 level. The Manager provides strategic input to the LG program and provides personal communication with donors to offer ongoing stewardship and personally secure leadership level gifts.
1. Play an important role in building a sustainable revenue stream and a committed community of Leadership donors, including:
- helping to achieve the annual overall Leadership program fundraising goal,
- effective cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and reporting of personal solicitation donor activity
- collaboration with and appropriate integration of LG direct response program with personal solicitation activity
2. Play a key role in achieving Leadership personal solicitation annual revenue goals, specifically:
- build long term relationships through personal interaction with donors on assigned portfolio with a strong emphasis on voice to voice interaction strategically used to discover, cultivate, invite and steward donors as partners
- implement account and moves management strategies to ensure donors are cultivated toward their full giving potential
- develop annual contact plans for top tier donors, work with internal team to shape and prepare offers for donors
- report on and analyze program metrics, responsible for meeting activity and revenue based metrics
- work collaboratively with other members of Leadership Giving team, works collaboratively with Major Giving team to utilize resources to support LG program
3. Manage specific giving programs and donor groups:
- work with volunteers and members to identify and engage prospective donors to existing and new giving circle programs
- steward program donors
- act as main point of contact for all current and prospective members
- liaise with appropriate individuals across the Foundation and Cancer Centre to ensure appropriate stewardship of funds
4. Play an important role in Leadership Giving donor data management:
- ensure accuracy in donor data
- responsible for data management needs for LG personal solicitation business and appropriate integration with direct response business
5. Represent the Foundation in the internal and external community:
- participate in events and activities with donors and prospects
- develop collaborative relationships with the medical and research staff of The Princess Margaret, as required
6. Perform cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification, as required:
- take on special projects related to Leadership or more broadly for the Foundation as requested
What you bring:
- University, college, certification or equivalent working experience in Business, Communications and/or other relevant discipline required
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising
- Past success in building and maintaining relationships in order to achieve objectives, including stewarding donors and personally securing mid-level or major gifts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to a varied audience including donors, prospects and colleagues
- Proven strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Strong results orientation with a history of proven success
- Strategic analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external individuals and teams, including in circumstances where objectives across the groups may differ
- Proven experience in liaising with various individuals across areas like the Foundation and Cancer Centre to ensure proper stewardship of funds and effective coordination of efforts
- Ability to develop and build rapport with potential and existing donors as well as with colleagues
- Effective project manager with the ability to manage multiple priority projects over varying timelines
- Experience with CRM/databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge CFRE designation and/or post-graduate fundraising education considered an asset
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted