Manager, Leadership Giving
The Manager, Leadership Giving role, reporting to AVP Marketing, Brand & Giving is responsible for helping to attain the annual fundraising goals of the Leadership Giving (LG) program, with a particular focus on the personal solicitation program. Responsible for the acquisition, stewardship, cultivation and retention of leadership level annual donors, the Manager acts as a relationship manager for supporters who give at the $1,000 to $50,000 level. The Manager provides strategic input to the LG program and provides personal communication with donors to offer ongoing stewardship and personally secure leadership level gifts.
1. Play an important role in building a sustainable revenue stream and a committed community of Leadership donors, including:
- helping to achieve the annual overall Leadership program fundraising goal,
- effective cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and reporting of personal solicitation donor activity
- collaboration with and appropriate integration of LG direct response program with personal solicitation activity
2. Play a key role in achieving Leadership personal solicitation annual revenue goals, specifically:
- build long term relationships through personal interaction with donors on assigned portfolio with a strong emphasis on voice to voice interaction strategically used to discover, cultivate, invite and steward donors as partners
- implement account and moves management strategies to ensure donors are cultivated toward their full giving potential
- develop annual contact plans for top tier donors, work with internal team to shape and prepare offers for donors
- report on and analyze program metrics, responsible for meeting activity and revenue based metrics
- work collaboratively with other members of Leadership Giving team, works collaboratively with Major Giving team to utilize resources to support LG program
3. Manage specific giving programs and donor groups:
- work with volunteers and members to identify and engage prospective donors to existing and new giving circle programs
- steward program donors
- act as main point of contact for all current and prospective members
- liaise with appropriate individuals across the Foundation and Cancer Centre to ensure appropriate stewardship of funds
4. Play an important role in Leadership Giving donor data management:
- ensure accuracy in donor data
- responsible for data management needs for LG personal solicitation business and appropriate integration with direct response business
5. Represent the Foundation in the internal and external community:
- participate in events and activities with donors and prospects
- develop collaborative relationships with the medical and research staff of The Princess Margaret, as required
6. Perform cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification, as required:
- take on special projects related to Leadership or more broadly for the Foundation as requested
- University, college, certification or equivalent working experience in Business, Communications and/or other relevant discipline required
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising
- Past success in building and maintaining relationships in order to achieve objectives, including stewarding donors and personally securing mid-level or major gifts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to a varied audience including donors, prospects and colleagues
- Proven strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Strong results orientation with a history of proven success
- Strategic analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external individuals and teams, including in circumstances where objectives across the groups may differ
- Proven experience in liaising with various individuals across areas like the Foundation and Cancer Centre to ensure proper stewardship of funds and effective coordination of efforts
- Ability to develop and build rapport with potential and existing donors as well as with colleagues
- Effective project manager with the ability to manage multiple priority projects over varying timelines
- Experience with CRM/databases, preferably Blackbaud CRM
- CFRE designation and/or post-graduate fundraising education considered an asset
Why Work With Us?
- Experience a sense of purpose that you won’t get anywhere else, in any other job. You will be making a difference for millions of people impacted by cancer
- We have an open and approachable culture that enables you to bring your best ideas forward
- We will invest in your growth through ongoing learning opportunities and individual development planning
- We offer flexible working arrangements to support your need to balance life at work and at home
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
All applications must be submitted before the posting close date.
UHN uses email to communicate with selected candidates. Please ensure you check your email regularly.
Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any information provided by a candidate be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, UHN reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of their application.
All UHN Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with UHN’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
UHN is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive recruitment process and workplace. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.